• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

On GoS (Bristol City)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
The match page is complete, including 76 photos thanks to Gill. And very impressive the newer parts of Ashton Gate look too. Let's hope we can say the same about Home Park later next year.

Greens on Screen

Apr 9, 2011
What a great job they have done with their new ground amazing what you can do if you,ve been bankrolled! If ours turns out half as good will be well pleased

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
phil-thefluter24":36quyro0 said:
What a great job they have done with their new ground amazing what you can do if you,ve been bankrolled! If ours turns out half as good will be well pleased

I agree. I have not been in the ground since the 80'S and it is barely recognisable. No wonder the stand is named after their major benefactor. Perhaps the Mayflower should be re-named when it is finished.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Peeps they spent more than £50 million on it.

We need to be sensible about what we expect shouldn’t we?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Their ground is fantastic, because they paid top dollar for it. Ours will be much better than what we have now, but this isn’t a beauty contest. We will get what we can afford, and that will be welcome. They have a very, very wealthy owner who is trying to develop a City wide Bristol sports brand. Comparing is futile I’m afraid.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":3ilskgy8 said:

I only meant that I hope we are all impressed later next year. No comparison was intended Ashton Gate - of course I understand the very different circumstances, but that won't stop me being impressed - just as I was on Saturday when I walked along the Lyndhurst concourse.

May 8, 2011
There did seem a huge difference in the standard of facilities for home fans compared to away fans.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
GreensOnScreen":v2kzw3z3 said:
IJN":v2kzw3z3 said:

I only meant that I hope we are all impressed later next year. No comparison was intended Ashton Gate - of course I understand the very different circumstances, but that won't stop me being impressed - just as I was on Saturday when I walked along the Lyndhurst concourse.

It wasn't aimed at you Steve, it was a general point as I saw what a few people posted after your comment. ut
I think management of expectation works wonders sometimes, us fans kid ourselves so many many times. :greensmile:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Bristol City are bank rolled by H & L....both of whom are multi multi millionaires...with all that investment they should be in the premier, but they are where they are....great stadium but not such a great team....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the team is fine Al, I'm not sure they have a manager to match though.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN":13we2t6u said:
I think the team is fine Al, I'm not sure they have a manager to match though.

Apparently he made 9 changes last night so I am not sure sure how you can say that Bristol team is fine...I'll judge Argyle on how they do on Saturday...not on a Tuesday night in Bristol...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreensOnScreen":1ad2avh1 said:
IJN":1ad2avh1 said:

Exactly. It struck me looking at the Bristol pics that it's not so much the scale of it that's impressive (although their new shop looks a lot bigger than ours will be), more all the 'nice touches.'

The screens, the history of the club displayed on the concourse, the pop up style food outlets running alongside the stand, the statue and the fan zone/square area. These aren't things that are necessarily incredibly expensive, and could well be planned on Home Park's south side already (apart from the statue, I imagine!).