Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Adams - Further sanctions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am 

Agree with Cobi on this. Mickey is bringing up his Ross County ban from 2010, simply because there’s been nothing at Argyle to point to a consistent disciplinary issue. Every single manager has confrontations throughout a season, but even on Saturday it seemed to be Powell who snapped first.

I too was expecting fireworks after his time in Scotland, but we simply haven’t seen them and instead have witnessed a mostly calm presence both on the touchline and in interviews.

It’s worth reestablishing that Ross County was his first job as a young manager, and the likelihood is that he’s found ways to cope with anger and stress since then. It would certainly make sense for such an analytical and reflective man to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 am 

My view before Saturday was that Adams was going struggle with the new rules. The reason being solely he winds every opposition manager and player up; we all know someone like that. You don’t have to swear to be an irritating @rse.

The risk was always that another manager or player would react and boom. To be honest with Wycombe and Peterborough coming up soon I thought he’d last a bit longer.

He will have to learn. Let’s move on. He is a great manager btw.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 am 

Cobi Budge wrote:
I wasn't going to weigh in this heavily but I've got to be honest and say that I think some of the stuff posted on this thread is absolute garbage.

It almost seems like some people just want Adams to fail, and because they can't go after his record as a manager they're going to unfairly go after his character.

When we first appointed Adams, with the reports we were getting from Scottish fans & media, I was expecting this short tempered, controversial figure who would have weekly bust ups with opponents and maybe even his own players. I don't think that could be more wrong. What I've seen is a composed, sensible manager who very rarely looses his temper, and simply tries to gain a psychological edge at times. The vast majority of the time, Adams looks calm and composed in his thoughts on the touch line, like ALL managers, he occasionally becomes animated and these incidents are magnified in the media & therefore blown up.

As a fan I don't 'excuse' Adams for his 'antics' because I don't believe I need to. I'm happy to have a manager who cares about this club, a manager who has committed his long term future to the club, a manager who embraces the club, the fan base and the local community. On the occasions I've spoken to Derek Adams and asked him questions, I've always found him to be very polite, interested and very attentative to fans.

When he arrived at Argyle, he said "I'll look after your football club" and for me, he hasn't let us down in the slightest.

Agree with every word and couldn't of put it better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 am 

Tony_Flags wrote:
My view before Saturday was that Adams was going struggle with the new rules. The reason being solely he winds every opposition manager and player up; we all know someone like that. You don’t have to swear to be an irritating @rse.

The risk was always that another manager or player would react and boom. To be honest with Wycombe and Peterborough coming up soon I thought he’d last a bit longer.

Very true. To be honest I'm disappointed the first blow up happened with 'nice guy' Chris Powell - I'd love to see it against Ainsworth or Evans ........ does that make me a bad person ? :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 am 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19, PASOTI Punmaster and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Ave_IT wrote:
Tony_Flags wrote:

Very true. To be honest I'm disappointed the first blow up happened with 'nice guy' Chris Powell - I'd love to see it against Ainsworth or Evans ........ does that make me a bad person ? :oops:

If I was going at it with someone, I'd choose a nice guy every time. It's called sensible self preservation.
Chris Powell will shake hands and make up with you. If it was the other two you'd never feel safe in their presence again and would never ever turn your back on them!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am 

An interesting point about the new rule is that if Wotton, Nancekivell or any of the other back room staff breaks the rules it will be Adams as manager who will get the yellow or red card.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:08 pm 

Pogleswoody wrote:
Ave_IT wrote:
Tony_Flags wrote:

If I was going at it with someone, I'd choose a nice guy every time. It's called sensible self preservation.
Chris Powell will shake hands and make up with you. If it was the other two you'd never feel safe in their presence again and would never ever turn your back on them!!

:) Good point - especially with Evans ...... allegedly :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 pm 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19 and Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Last paragraph on official website topic headed 'Robins Next' :-

Quote:
Derek has been cited by the FA for misconduct follow his sending off against Southend at the weekend, but he will be in the dugout at Ashton Gate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:02 pm 

The cards were brought into try to deter Managers/Coaches misbehaving, so I think he is likely to receive quite a severe punishment, to try to further deter them from misbehaving. I think it'll be a 1 Game Stadium Ban and 1 Game Touchline Ban, and a fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:52 pm 
PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19, PASOTI Punmaster and Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Pilgrim28 wrote:
The cards were brought into try to deter Managers/Coaches misbehaving, so I think he is likely to receive quite a severe punishment, to try to further deter them from misbehaving. I think it'll be a 1 Game Stadium Ban and 1 Game Touchline Ban, and a fine.

He'll be praying to be excused the Wycombe game then? Win Win? Win too!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 pm 
Site Admin, Player Sponsor #1 18/19, Player Sponsor #2 18/19, PALFC Sponsor #1 18/19 and PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19

Pilgrim28 wrote:

If he gets that much thrown at him, then Powell should receive a 100% lifetime ban from football for grabbing DA by the throat!