James Brent | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

James Brent

Jul 18, 2018
Don't see anyone's problem with Brent at all.

Not once have we lost an irreplaceable player due to Brent's "tiny budget". Carey hasn't ever looked elsewhere. Ryan Taylor (irreplaceable in terms of last season) signed a contract pretty easily. Sonny Bradley has been replaced with ease. Every time we've lost a player "because of Brent" we've either improved form or been promoted, meaning none of these players were worthy of an improved contract. Good business.

I'd say a nice chunk of budget is spent on management. Rightly so.

Grandstand will be built. It's very rare for any kind development to process with absolutely no delays.

Roll on another shot at top 6.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
That`s stretching credibility somewhat. :twisted:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cue a 55 plus page pro/anti Brent debate.

You’ve literally just poked and woke up some real greentints and haters alike.

Actually a little fearful :lol:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Tugboat":6apeaoec said:

First time poster too. If the tone had been the opposite to the one used, there would have been a speedy reaction.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tugboat":1mh02ggl said:

I thought that as well. :greensmile:

Perhaps that was his/her intention.

He/she is now under scrutiny.

Edited to add. No so Cheshire, an apology will do.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Jury is out for me on whether Bradley has been adequately replaced. He was a player of the season, and whatever we might think he’s not as easily replaced IMO.

Unfortunately we did lose Bradley to a club with more financial resources than us (at the moment at least).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bradley was Adams decision surely. If he wanted him to stay, he would have stayed.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Was just suggesting posters (note plural) use "stimulus response" before replying.

Not sure why IJN you felt it was aimed at you. Anyway, sure we all agree we should think before typing.

Have a good evening all.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I felt it was I dropped a rowlock on JannerInCardiff Cheshire. :greensmile:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":rhkff8b9 said:
Bradley was Adams decision surely. If he wanted him to stay, he would have stayed.

I don’t agree entirely with that.. Adams offered a contract so he did value him but to what level? I don’t know the answer to that. But as a player of the season he surely wanted Bradley at the very least as a backup CB.. I just don’t think the wages and length of contract were good enough in Bradley’s eyes, hence going to Luton on a better deal than what he got offered at Argyle.

Adams could have a certain value that he was willing to pay Bradley, but he certainly did want him.

Aug 5, 2016
Carey has never looked elsewhere...

Except for spending all of last summer mulling over his numerous contract offers, this is very true.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
JannerinCardiff":7r9vfiz4 said:
IJN":7r9vfiz4 said:

I don’t agree entirely with that.. Adams offered a contract so he did value him but to what level? I don’t know the answer to that. But as a player of the season he surely wanted Bradley at the very least as a backup CB.. I just don’t think the wages and length of contract were good enough in Bradley’s eyes, hence going to Luton on a better deal than what he got offered at Argyle.

Adams could have a certain value that he was willing to pay Bradley, but he certainly did want him.

You're assuming then that DA was not irked at his player going to the press and saying 'If they pay me more I'll stay'?

Just a thought.