Bideford FC v Plymouth Argyle match Thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bideford FC v Plymouth Argyle match Thread

Apr 30, 2017
Starting Lineup
Burgoyne; Moore, Edwards, Grant P, Smith-Brown; Ainsworth, Rooney, Sangster, Wylde; Grant J, Dyson - 442

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
DiZ6CljWsAAnw4a.jpg:small

Dec 18, 2008
Is it a problem, that my point of view, and granted I've only based this on yesterday and today, that my preferred back two partnership is Wootton and Edwards.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argyle 1 up Joel Grant
Argyle 2 up Ryan Edwards
Argyle 3 up Greg Wylde

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Misco":2e86eniu said:
Is it a problem, that my point of view, and granted I've only based this on yesterday and today, that my preferred back two partnership is Wootton and Edwards.

It isn't a problem. It's your opinion. But I would reserve judgement until you have seen them play, and have played against more stern opposition

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
HT Bideford 0 Argyle 3

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
2nd half underway, no changes

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
FT Bideford 0 Argyle 3

Apr 29, 2016
Misco":3hkjseor said:
I don’t think that that would be the preferred pairing as both tend to play right centre back and are likely to compete for the same position. Personally I think that it is more likely to be Wooten and Canavan if both are fit.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
From what I've seen I think Niall Canavan will be a regular. I predict he'll be a step up from Bradley.

Dec 18, 2008
philmeboots":2o9fwykf said:
Misco":2o9fwykf said:
I don’t think that that would be the preferred pairing as both tend to play right centre back and are likely to compete for the same position. Personally I think that it is more likely to be Wooten and Canavan if both are fit.

This is exactly why I said it might be a problem. I'm more inclined to play Edwards left centre back, so to have your best XI on the pitch, but then again I'm torn, because I've always believed in round pegs, in round holes. Difficult one.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keepitgreen":36rwpmo2 said:
From what I've seen I think Niall Canavan will be a regular. I predict he'll be a step up from Bradley.

Yep, agree with that.
I know it's only pre-season and the defence hasn't been really tested but he looks the best of the centre-backs we have. I'm not sure if Canavan is right or left footed so if he is right footed he's surprisingly good on his left.

My only concern is that Adams is playing the same formation as last season meaning the two full backs have to push forward and provide the width, Sawyer has been excellent in getting forward but the same problem still exists from last season in that Sawyer is slow to get back which means there's a lot of space on our left.
Last season Bradley (not the fastest himself) had to come across to cover and so far it looks like Canavan (or Peter Grant) will be doing the same this season which leaves a gaping hole in the middle.

The two full backs play basically as wing backs without the insurance of a third centre back, although I suppose that's why one of Fox or Songo'o play in a deep midfield position.

Feb 17, 2017
How did Dyson do yesterday? Bearning in mind Taylors injury we need this signing to be up to speed quickly or we will be relying on Ladapo.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Neilz5419":2wbbspau said:
How did Dyson do yesterday? Bearning in mind Taylors injury we need this signing to be up to speed quickly or we will be relying on Ladapo.
There a massive poke in the eye for the first person who says 'He cleaned / swept / hoovered / vacuumed up'. :whistle: