Drainage Problem/No Contract signed. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Drainage Problem/No Contract signed.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Biggs":v27u73tv said:
I assume there HAS been a delay of some sort on the main stand?

Is the penny finally starting to drop?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Biggs":15n7e29y said:
Lots of activity at the shop/ticket office site on the webcam, are we awaiting the arrival of the modular units today?

And it’s been almost a month since the last development blog, I assume there HAS been a delay of some sort on the main stand?

Biggs, this is the latest news from the Principal Civil Engineer at PCC and the reason, in part, no progress to report. It is all available on the PCC Planning portal.

he says:"I consider that Condition 19 can not be discharged at this time" and goes on to articulate 5 reasons

It may or may not explain why the fans forum was cancelled.

Argyle have yet to contract a contractor for the project although have a prime one in mind.

So, to precis, no building work allowed until the Drainage issued addressed to the satisfaction of PCC. This includes the new Supporters Bar and Changing rooms. August 2019 for completion looks increasingly........ambitious.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":eh42jnm0 said:
Biggs":eh42jnm0 said:

Wow!!!

Yet another ‘I told you so’ from our resident one trick pony!!

I suppose even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

Saying that, I repeat, what’s the rush? August 2019 is a long time off to ‘chuck a few chairs in and a lick of paint’ (and I quote).

May 8, 2011
Reading the recent documents sent to the planners about the development. I see they were produced and submitted by GL Events, that would suggest they are acting as the main contractor.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, just seen that. To a layman like myself, the drainage doesn't SEEM a major issue but I could be completely wrong on that?

I'm probably being very impatient as Ian alluded to, but this seemed to be the entire focus of the club and fanbase, yet now it's all gone a very quiet. A flurry of development blogs from JonB, then nothing for almost a month. Drainage issues, a fans forum cancelled with no Q&A yet on the website, and still no sign of even the supporters bar or new shop. Though there is major activity on the shop webcam right now.

Not remotely criticising and I'm aware there is actual pre-season football and signings to concentrate on, but any chance of an official update from the club, for impatient nerds like me? :lol:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Biggs":22gh9e04 said:
Yep, just seen that. To a layman like myself, the drainage doesn't SEEM a major issue but I could be completely wrong on that?

I'm probably being very impatient as Ian alluded to, but this seemed to be the entire focus of the club and fanbase, yet now it's all gone a very quiet. A flurry of development blogs from JonB, then nothing for almost a month. Drainage issues, a fans forum cancelled with no Q&A yet on the website, and still no sign of even the supporters bar or new shop. Though there is major activity on the shop webcam right now.

Not remotely criticising and I'm aware there is actual pre-season football and signings to concentrate on, but any chance of an official update from the club, for impatient nerds like me? :lol:

I think that an excellent idea Biggs!

At least you can watch the new players, the only visit by Argyle this way, this year is to Yeovil when I have a significant family birthday I have to attend.

Roll on the season proper:)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No I get that Biggsy, I’ve been travelling for a week but I too feel a stall.

Saying that, I spoke to a pal at PCC and ‘Mr Drain of the Council’ has been on holiday for two weeks! Perhaps that’s all it is.

You can tell when there’s perceived trouble though as Tony Hooper is posting, and he is the proverbial fly around s**t.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
IJN":2skb7zri said:
No I get that Biggsy, I’ve been travelling for a week but I too feel a stall.

Saying that, I spoke to a pal at PCC and ‘Mr Drain of the Council’ has been on holiday for two weeks! Perhaps that’s all it is.

You can tell when there’s perceived trouble though as Tony Hooper is posting, and he is the proverbial fly around s**t.

To be fair to Tony he's very moderate compared to others.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He certainly is Stu, and he only has one username on other mediums. My only point is, when there's a sniff of a problem the harbinger of doom posts.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":2lj7uq33 said:
He certainly is Stu, and he only has one username on other mediums. My only point is, when there's a sniff of a problem the harbinger of doom posts.

Oh come on. If I really wanted to lay in, then I could have had a field day with all the procrastination occurring this close-season. Fortunately, Pasoti isn’t my one, my all, my everything! So I pop in every few weeks. Life is waaaay to short to spend hours every day on a football forum!

There are major issues Ian. As you almost certainly know full well. It is just a bit sad that on Argyles biggest fan site, it is frowned upon to give some of these issues the light of day - a prime example being your reaction to Tony’s planning portal information.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was talking about Tony on this occasion not you.

As I say Grumps, I've been away again for a week, playing golf in Portugal, so if you were inferring Pasoti was my raison detre for living, you are very wrong.

As for 'major issues' I trust the board to do the right thing IF there are any.

Certainly most fans I mix with don't get a semi on if something goes wrong. Each to their own.

As for Tony getting 'frowned upon', what is it with you NAGS? Can't seem to take a bit of stick in my opinion.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":160iimbr said:
I was talking about Tony on this occasion not you.

As I say Grumps, I've been away again for a week, playing golf in Portugal, so if you were inferring Pasoti was my raison detre for living, you are very wrong.

As for 'major issues' I trust the board to do the right thing IF there are any.

Certainly most fans I mix with don't get a semi on if something goes wrong. Each to their own.

As for Tony getting 'frowned upon', what is it with you NAGS? Can't seem to take a bit of stick in my opinion.

Golf in Portugal eh?

It’s taken about twenty years, but we finally have something in common.

A

andyr1963

IJN":lhnxh2tk said:
The Grumpy Loyal":lhnxh2tk said:
Biggs":lhnxh2tk said:

Wow!!!

Saying that, I repeat, what’s the rush? August 2019 is a long time off to ‘chuck a few chairs in and a lick of paint’ (and I quote).

August 2019 will be here before we know it. If (big IF) we get promoted this season we are going to have sell out crowds of 12000 for every game. Every game we will be losing money because 4 or 5 thousand fans cannot get tickets.

The drainage problem needs to be sorted, the work on the grandstand refurb needs to be completed as soon as possible as it will lead to self inflicted financial loss.

Perhaps you could have a word with Mr Brent and find out why the drainage problem has yet to be tackled and hopefully report back here as the official PAFC site does not seem to be doing much updating on grandstand refurbishment progress because it seems to me there is no Grandstand refurbishment progress.

Feb 17, 2017
andyr1963":2m8n1y33 said:
IJN":2m8n1y33 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2m8n1y33 said:
Biggs":2m8n1y33 said:

Wow!!!

August 2019 will be here before we know it. If (big IF) we get promoted this season we are going to have sell out crowds of 12000 for every game. Every game we will be losing money because 4 or 5 thousand fans cannot get tickets.

The drainage problem needs to be sorted, the work on the grandstand refurb needs to be completed as soon as possible as it will lead to self inflicted financial loss.

Perhaps you could have a word with Mr Brent and find out why the drainage problem has yet to be tackled and hopefully report back here as the official PAFC site does not seem to be doing much updating on grandstand refurbishment progress because it seems to me there is no Grandstand refurbishment progress.

Seems like some concerned posters on here with good reason no doubt. There certainly does seem to be a stall but I’m sure as stated it’s all under control and nothing to see here.
In terms of the questions sent in for the postponed meeting what happened to that, I thought they were going to be posted on the official site as of last Monday.

May 16, 2016
Kentishgreen":3qvun39t said:
Forgive if I’m wrong but I thought the grandstand refurb was always intended to be completed between the end of this season and the start of next season. I know that’s not urgent enough for some people. Tough.

That's my take on it too. Outwith the Drainage issue, I never expected to see a half completed refurb at the start of the next Season. There's lots of chatter around about lack of progress but that's mainly from those who didn't want the refurb to start in the first place !

If there is a major c8ck up over the drainage planning aspects then yes, somebody needs to have a word, but I'm not looking for any heads on poles. There seems to be a lot of 'interpretation' of different public documents but nobody who carries any official weight has come out and reported that there is a delay / shift in the timetable.

There's a lot of online 'personalities' chipping in with their tuppence worth but most are still more interested in themselves and individual squabbles, generally muddying the waters to the average layman fan.

However, the loss of Fan Forum and lack of info coming out of HP is understandably questionable. There are other rumours floating about but time will tell on those.