Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Big clash on Wednesday night. Tough call for some people.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
It’s a World Cup semi final, England’s first since 1990 with a real chance of progressing

Or a early preseason fitness test.

It’s not a tough call at all.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
dazzy3000":286onzfz said:
Yep silly thread
Really? I know some Argyle fans that wouldn't miss an Argyle game for anything. Until now maybe.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Keepitgreen":367htrf7 said:
dazzy3000":367htrf7 said:
Yep silly thread
Really? I know some Argyle fans that wouldn't miss an Argyle game for anything. Until now maybe.

Don’t get me wrong I’m argyle over England generally but I think I’ll give callington a miss to watch the World Cup semis. (Going Maastricht before you question my loyalty as a supporter)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Might they bring forward the kick off for this one or rearrange for another day?
I'm sure that a lot of the players involved would probably want to watch England v Croatia too.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Keepitgreen":19zqneps said:
Big clash on Wednesday night. Tough call for some people.

Not really.

If Callington is too far away for a pre-season match on a Wednesday then the choice is to watch the telly or not.
If Callington isn't too far then the other match can be recorded, remembering to overrun by at least 45 minutes.

I my case, I have a meeting at 19:30 so recording is the option.

But I might not bother to watch the recording.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
"Grandad, where were you when England beat Croatia 3-2 in the World Cup semi-final?"

"Well boy, I was watching Argyle play Callington in a meaningless pre-season friendly, it was great to see the boys gently easing themselves back to fitness against vastly inferior opposition!"

May 8, 2011
Brussels Bureaucrat":38vuwpuh said:
"Grandad, where were you when England beat Croatia 3-2 in the World Cup semi-final?"

"Well boy, I was watching Argyle play Callington in a meaningless pre-season friendly, it was great to see the boys gently easing themselves back to fitness against vastly inferior opposition!"

No games involving Argyle are meaningless, if they were why play them?

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
England, anyone who says argyle in a pre season run around is more important than a rare world cup semi final is simply a liar. If then you argue England aren't important to you then I don't want to see you ever say one of our players, now or in the future should ever get a call up for any age level, simply because its not as important as argyle.

Silly season is upon us and the do gooders are amongst us. Get real and off that high horse.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
HC Green":2fmomfji said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":2fmomfji said:

No games involving Argyle are meaningless, if they were why play them?

Hope you enjoy yourself at Callington ;)