Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Alex Battle re-signs for Argyle

Jul 6, 2011
What has happened to the lad, we've heard nothing?
Be a shame if we let him slip through our fingers, the boy has been prolific in the league's he has played in.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
He's on his way, but wherever he ends up we'll be due compensation.

Jun 22, 2015
Listen, he has been screwed over, with the only time we had any interest in his development was when Bolton became interested.

Being put on the bench and given minutes last game of the season was about trying to up the compensation.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Pele10":2ovna7h0 said:
Listen, he has been screwed over, with the only time we had any interest in his development was when Bolton became interested.

Being put on the bench and given minutes last game of the season was about trying to up the compensation.

How exactly has he been screwed over ? He was offered a contract last year to continue his development , which he accepted and he has been offered one this year to further continue his development , if he chooses to leave then Argyle are entitled to compensation .

May 8, 2011
Pele10":2uwbchxd said:

Adams would have had to allowed Battle to train with Bolton and was probably using it to judge Battle against better opposition than he normally plays against. Just how have Argyle treated him any differently than the other 5 youngsters who accepted contracts that makes you think he has been screwed by Argyle?

Jun 10, 2017
Did Adams not say publicly that Battle would not be considered for the 1st team squad, and that it was up to Starnes and Hodges if (THEY) wanted to offer him a contract,, So now the lads done well at Bolton why wouldnā€™t they let him progress

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Argyle10":2dmy2mpq said:
Did Adams not say publicly that Battle would not be considered for the 1st team squad, and that it was up to Starnes and Hodges if (THEY) wanted to offer him a contract,, So now the lads done well at Bolton why wouldnā€™t they let him progress

Did Adams publicly single Battle out and state that he would never consider him for the first team, or was it more of a statement that Battle wasn'the up to first team standard at that time and Adams was happy to let Hodges make a decision about Battle.

Jun 10, 2017
Either way Adams doesnā€™t fancy the lad, so why would he want to hang around playing a poor standard of football against a lot of weak teams in th SWL,, he would also be training with younger lads, not the 1st team How in the world can he progress at Argyle, Bolton Professional U23 set up training with the 1st team and playing against other Professional U23 clubs itā€™s a no brainier for his development

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle10":qo1fcc5v said:
Can't say I've seen that. Anyway, he was offered a contract (yes it could have been to increase our compensation) and he turned it down.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
It may be a no brainer for Alex and i believe he has the right to accept whichever contract he wishes to , i also believe that Argyle have the right to compensation should he leave .
On the subject of development , Battle and Fletcher have come through the youth ranks together , Fletcher has progressed to being a 1st team squad member , which shows that Battle too could progress at Argyle .
It is possible that Adams has genuine reasons , most likely that some of these lads aren't ready to step up to the first team yet and won't be for a couple of years , rather than the implied criticism that some posters offer of Adams being anti-youth .

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If it is true that he has been offered 3x as much at Bolton I wish him well.
I will still be disappointed if he goes elsewhere as I believe he will have a successful career in the EFL and I would certainly have preferred it to be at PAFC.

Aug 5, 2015
Sometimes itā€™s better to be a big fish in a small pool rather than a small fish in a big pool. Still if we get a few grand for someone no where near the first team then all well and good. Thereā€™s always Skelmersdale and Chorley if it doesnā€™t work out. Still good luck to him.

Jul 6, 2011
Kentishgreen":1txu5ei4 said:
Sometimes itā€™s better to be a big fish in a small pool rather than a small fish in a big pool. Still if we get a few grand for someone no where near the first team then all well and good. Thereā€™s always Skelmersdale and Chorley if it doesnā€™t work out. Still good luck to him.

I think you underate him badly, just keep watching.

May 8, 2011
briangreen":37875dlf said:
Kentishgreen":37875dlf said:

I think you underate him badly, just keep watching.

I would also back Adams to make the right call on whether the youngsters will make it as he has an advisor with a long and successful career in youth development namely his father George Adams who watches quite a few Argyle U18 and SWPL games.