Drifting odds (Argyle betting) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Drifting odds (Argyle betting)

Bryan Tregunna

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Sep 22, 2003
A couple of weeks ago, we were 8/1 for promotion on SkyBet. I thought that was generous, but today I noticed that we have drifted out to 12/1.

I'm not a betting man, but lure me in, why don't you?

cheshiregreen

โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Probably (and possibly accurately) they may be thinking we will take a time to gel given the new faces. Of course, we know DA has made big personnel changes like this before.

A

andyr1963

Going to get the World Cup betting out of the way first, but 12 / 1 for promotion does look quite good. Argyle underestimated yet again? :scarf:

Oct 18, 2006
I would imagine SkyBet are taking some money across the other teams which changes the odds on the rest of the other teams so that people back them as well. It`s what every bookmaker does to cover their losses.

I would imagine with the signings we have made already and if the rumors are true of the others that might be coming in I think we will see some money go on argyle before the season starts and the odds might drop slightly. If they stay like that into the start of the season and we enjoy a good start to the season then I think we might see them drop fairly quickly, after all it was only the dodgy start to the season last season that prevented us from at least getting a playoff place and at best promotion.

ChepstowGreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โ™ฃ๏ธ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Surely this price isn't going to last but has anyone else noticed that SkyBet has chalked us up at 40/1 to win L1 and 12/1 for promotion..

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... e-1/winner

Looks like Argyle are being underestimated again.

No doubt if we have a slow start we're going to go really huge prices again, part of me's almost hoping that happens so we can make a good few quid again as Derek works his magic!!!

COYG

Voice of Reason

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
The market is distorted owing to Sunderland being such a short price. Personally i see it being very hard for them this year. They will be everyone's big game.
40/1 about us (1/5 odds for top 4 with Slybet) i think is too big and will be backing us EW at those odds.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I often consider an e.w. Yankee on all four divisions (or bung in the Conference for a bigger bet 5x?)

E.W. outright win with 4 (or 5) x singles on top to try to get your money back if only one team makes it?

Argyle are usually a good bet for that as never 'favourites'. So I'll consider who is in what League and who(m) has signed who(m) (for the pedants! ;) )

Can be a reasonably cheap bet and can give you a whole season of fun. Esp if your teams 'do an Argo' after Xmas!! :scarf:

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I like to have a gamble but I don't really understand much about it. I think the main part I would like someone in the know to explain is how people were getting paid out on top half when they bet on us being in the play offs. How does that work out?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
They must have had 2 separate bets and were correctly paid out on โ€˜top halfโ€™ but โ€˜playoffsโ€™ bet was a loser.

A

andyr1963

Lancastergreen":39f6x5gc said:
I like to have a gamble but I don't really understand much about it. I think the main part I would like someone in the know to explain is how people were getting paid out on top half when they bet on us being in the play offs. How does that work out?

OLBG is a very good guide and Oddschecker is a good comparison site.

Briefly the different markets are

Winners / Champions / 1st place call it what you like

Winners EACH WAY half the stake is bet on first place the other half on a top 3 position at a quarter or a third of the odds.

Promotion i.e. Top two promotion automatically or a play off promotion.

Play Off place finishing 3rd to sixth not usually available until part way into the season.

Top half of table, or bottom half of table or relegation all self explanatory.

In answer to your question, people put on different types of bets. :thumbs: I did the "Top Half" and came up quids in, some did get to the "Play Offs" and lost, unless they "cashed in" early. (A different scenario again)

On Line Betting Guide OLBG is a great source of info.

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Thank you, I will look at that