• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

GoS is down (now back)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Sorry folks, you might have seen that GoS had some outages in the night and has been down solidly since six this morning. I am getting completely fed up with the poor service from my hosts and am now sorely tempted to jump ship and find somewhere better, even though it will mean more disruption in the short term. My only fear is the old "out of the frying pan, into the fire" adage. Does anyone have a hosting recommendation through personal experience? (it must provide a Windows service)

I'll post again as soon as it's back.

Steve

Dec 18, 2008
It would be very wrong of me to not recommend my employers.

We are hosting nearly 100 different websites, across many different fields.

Please contact it-ok.co.uk. Ask to speak to Ian, and say Mark Williams sent you there.

Thanks.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I use Unlimited Web Hosting which have been good in my experience. I had a few issues when first migrating to them last year (mainly Wordpress related) and their support was excellent in sorting them out quickly. They're good value as well.

I'd always try local suppliers such as mentioned in the previous post first, of course.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Thanks for the feedback everyone - I shall take a look over the coming days.

GoS seems to be back at the moment, but I've not had confirmation to that effect, so I guess it could drop out again. I'll post when I've heard more.