Ifollow users | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ifollow users

Jun 4, 2016
Hi guys
Just thought I would give a quick heads up to any overseas exiles like me who are not wishing to be carrying on with Ifollow next season. The annual subscription is auto renew and is not able to be cancelled once taken out as was the case last season. Having looked into the terms and conditions you will need to email them and cancel it manually. I did this last night and they confirmed my cancellation this morning. The email address I used was ifollow@efl.com.
I thought the idea of Ifollow was great at first however due to the poor quality of the coverage I found myself watching it less and less as the season went on and I cannot justify another £120.00 or whatever it was for next season. I expect I will pay per match occasionally and I believe that the highlights are available for free anyway. :thumbup:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
For someone who was starved of watching Argyle I thought it was great to be able to watch every game, the only draw back was when they stopped allowing the audio and video at the same time

I thought the audio coverage was very good.

Was not eligible to receive the visual effects as I was deemed to be a UK subscriber - maybe cos of my VPN ?

Not sure what package I will choose for the new season as I am relocating.

Have emailed them today to cancel the auto-renewal.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Feb 17, 2017
Was very impressed with the concept, and was great to be able to see away games i couldnt get to for work reasons. Im hopinh next season will provde a timer and a score in the top corner as minimum, commentary would be superb but do not feel that will be implemented yet.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Have recently moved abroad and am interested in this for next season. Have seen varying reports on how it works and how good it is. I realise that I could ask the providers these questions, but I have trust in the hive mind of Pasoti. So...

- Do I need to subscribe using an overseas bank account? Or will an overseas IP address when I sign up/log in do the trick?
- sounds like you get video but not audio for live games?
- what games are covered? Just league games I guess
- is it reliable? Used to hear plenty of times about Argyle player dropping out

If it’s a decent service, I think a few quid per game with all the additional content (interviews etc) is worth it and should give me enough of an Argyle fix. I’ve found a team in green and white to support here in Stockholm, but they’re top of the league so it just isn’t the same.

Thanks for any replies.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
- Do I need to subscribe using an overseas bank account? Or will an overseas IP address when I sign up/log in do the trick? IP address
- sounds like you get video but not audio for live games? you have a choice audio OR video not both
-
what games are covered? Just league games I guess EFL fixtures selected for international broadcast throughout the season will not be available on iFollow, also Checkatrade Trophy matches are now available on iFollow, but there will be no Carabao Cup matches available on iFollow.
-

is it reliable? Used to hear plenty of times about Argyle player dropping out YES

It cost me $190.00 CDN this past season well worth it

May 16, 2016
I'm registered for the UK Audio only Service but have used it frequently outside of the UK without the need for any IP Address jiggery pokery other than occasionally using my Mobile Data to start it, then logging back into my Wifi.

I did register with another address while away and used my UK Credit Card to pay per view a couple of matches on a Tablet but continued audio via my phone.

Currently, they are taking a monthly subscription for my UK based service. Not sure if that continues through the close season though !

Jul 19, 2014
It would be nice if iFollow plan to improve the service next season. The lack of scoreboard and timer weren't huge problems but they certainly would be "nice to haves".

Allowing commentary again via the 2 tab method or some other way would be great too.

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
I’m returning to uk.
If I sign up while I’m out of uk will I be able to get video when I return?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
iFollow should be available to all regardless of where they live, but, aside from that, the points raised above sounds exceptionally easy to sort out.

The scoreboard/timer alone could be automated across every match in the league very easily using simple software linked to a central system.

The audio / video thing is plain bizarre, it may be due to concerns over different latency but of course that can also be sorted easily too.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
fitz":1a0qxgvq said:
I’m returning to uk.
If I sign up while I’m out of uk will I be able to get video when I return?
No, unless you use a VPN and still "appear" to be out of the UK when using iFollow.

Jan 7, 2018
I paid one monthly payment and they've not taken another penny at any point and I've had great access for the whole seasonal for around a fiver