New goalkeeper (split from Ryan Taylor thread) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New goalkeeper (split from Ryan Taylor thread)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
tonycrowuk":7gz5fpt9 said:
I also like the Exeter City keeper Pym looks very comfortable Exeter player of the season too

Man of the Match and an Exeter boy born and bred. WAND would be the biggest catch off Exeter since Nicky Marker and Rhys Wilmott could further develop him

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1k0xtixp said:
tonycrowuk":1k0xtixp said:
I also like the Exeter City keeper Pym looks very comfortable Exeter player of the season too

Man of the Match and an Exeter boy born and bred. WAND would be the biggest catch off Exeter since Nicky Marker and Rhys Wilmott could further develop him

I'm not a fan of Pym at all, particularly short for a goalkeeper and drops some serious clangers. I've always viewed him as a cheap measure by Exeter to spend their money elsewhere on players like Stockley and Reid. I'd be quite upset actually if Pym was signed at the expense of Cooper's progress!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Knibbsworth":2at1m4y6 said:
Quintrell_Green":2at1m4y6 said:
tonycrowuk":2at1m4y6 said:

I'm not a fan of Pym at all, particularly short for a goalkeeper and drops some serious clangers. I've always viewed him as a cheap measure by Exeter to spend their money elsewhere on players like Stockley and Reid. I'd be quite upset actually if Pym was signed at the expense of Cooper's progress!

I think Pym's quite a good keeper but I agree, short goalkeepers are at a disadvantage.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":3rtuhwt7 said:
Knibbsworth":3rtuhwt7 said:
Quintrell_Green":3rtuhwt7 said:
tonycrowuk":3rtuhwt7 said:

I think Pym's quite a good keeper but I agree, short goalkeepers are at a disadvantage.

I am not in any way promoting a possible signatur,e but the guy was MoM today and deservedly so. He is not the tallest of keepers but I am old enough to have actually seen a couple of times, the vertically challenged, Bill Short [forgive the pun] play for Argyle, and he wore the jersey circa 350 times, and was a Welsh International keeper. It can work out OK but maybe the exception

Mar 23, 2008
I've always felt positive when I've seen Pym in goal when we've played City, in the sense I think he's a weak goalie. Very short and doesn't command his area.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Dalton Is God":8vl8l3zf said:
Pym would be out of our price range

I'll bite, are you saying they'd pay him more than we could?

Jan 7, 2018
r4h4al":1og53ns0 said:
AdelaideGreen":1og53ns0 said:
r4h4al":1og53ns0 said:
Adebayo Akinfenwa on a year deal would be good back-up too..

Oh God no! I hardly consider him to be a back up. Not exactly the same skillful, hold it up and play it off type as RT is he.

I think he is. He did that role against us very successfully at Wembley I think.

For the few minutes he played

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Deacster":3461ly23 said:
I've always felt positive when I've seen Pym in goal when we've played City, in the sense I think he's a weak goalie. Very short and doesn't command his area.
Agreed. Always seems to have a stinker against us.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Majority of times I've seen Pym I think he's looked poor, and also perhaps has a reckless side after that flying potential leg breaker on Jervis. No thanks.

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Cobi Budge":33rheefl said:
Majority of times I've seen Pym I think he's looked poor, and also perhaps has a reckless side after that flying potential leg breaker on Jervis. No thanks.

This one?

no_red_card.jpg

Oct 14, 2015
To be fair most keepers have the occasional stinker and throw in the odd reckless challenge or decision, even the great Remi Matthews had an absolute mare of a game recently, maybe Charlton away was it? His decision making and kicking was shocking...