18 v Bideford AFC 7.30pm
21 v Yeovil Town 3pm
22-28 Overseas Training Camp

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/may/it ... ins-again/

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
No mention of a home friendly or even if one will be announced.

No necessarily required, but fans do like a pre-season glance at new players.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Guess the fact we are touring the local area means that a HomePark friendly isn't necessarily an issue. People can go and see the players and give money to local clubs. Would the club make any money on a home friendly anyway when the take into account reduced ticket prices, cost of operating the stadium etc?

Unless it was a big name, i guess it would be a loss maker.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Pootle's Pom Pom":2yr3ttux said:
I imagine there isn't going to be a home pre-season friendly, due to the fact the ground is going to be a building site.

Hopefully.

Not sure a game one week before the season starts would make much of a difference.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pootle's Pom Pom":2s98h07w said:
I imagine there isn't going to be a home pre-season friendly, due to the fact the ground is going to be a building site.

Or an opportunity to "test" a home game on a building site before the league season starts.

The only date that looks available is Sunday 29 July, which gives Adams six days to prepare for the first league game.

Jan 27, 2012
I'd like to see them play one or two professional football league standard teams.

No offence to Plymouth Parkway etc- but these players are amateurs who play for recreational purposes.

Hopefully some fixtures against professional teams will be arranged. I like to see the players tested against those of equivalent fitness, skill levels and organisation.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You might, The Gaffer obviously doesn't as he does this every pre season.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Even when you play EFL teams in pre-season you never get a true representation as to where we are as teams are always at various stages of pre-season - some use games for fitness, others for honing tactics etc.

Maybe we will try and find some similarly positioned teams on the tour?

Feb 17, 2017
Be nice to see a game at home park against a premier league side, always used to be something to look forward to in the close season

Jan 27, 2012
I suspect there is a fee involved in getting Premier League teams to play friendlies at EFL grounds- plus a lot of these teams have overseas tours these days. A Championship club would be good- but Argyle do struggle to get even those teams to play here (maybe they need to pay accommodation and transport costs ?) I suppose Cardiff is a possibility if Warnock takes his players to this part of the world. But perhaps there will be games against professional clubs at the Dutch training camp ?