Grandstand cost to rise | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand cost to rise

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Well that should allay many people’s fears about this actually happening. All sounds quite reassuring and positive..

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Being into the close season and talking about not even signing a main contract until mid-June, is a huge clanger.

This isn’t new news though. These exact rumours have been circulating - accurately, as it happens, for a long long time.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
jerryatricjanner":227vsplt said:
Well that should allay many people’s fears about this actually happening. All sounds quite reassuring and positive..

Yes very reassuring:

“So we might have found a stray German bomb from the war."

But as it is if there are any bombs there, they'll just stay there.
I think that's the most bizarre reason I've ever seen given for not re-developing a site. God knows how anything has been built in Plymouth post-war what with the risk factor. How much are they paying all the builders in the city centre in danger money?!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

With the amount of time since planning was granted, to not even have a main contractor signed up at this stage is a massive error. Simple as that.

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":l2srpqsc said:
With the amount of time since planning was granted, to not even have a main contractor signed up at this stage is a massive error. Simple as that.

Why?

Aug 5, 2015
It’s almost a shame it’s happening at all and planned to be ready for the season after next. I wonder what people will have to moan about then?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The NAGS are having a field day!

Such strange behaviour!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The extra cost of the roof has been known since last June and will be funded by the directors.

Club website

Jun 2, 2016
The Grumpy Loyal":iuw1al37 said:
Remind me what your experience is in the construction industry? Unless it's extensive , you're not qualified to comment on whether that's usual or not.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Even if he has, his dislike of JB would taint any comments made.

Another one trick pony.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

HC Green":2ggptkjn said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2ggptkjn said:

Why?

Why? Really?

In the simplest of terms, if contracts had all been signed and everything was ready to go after our last home game, everything could have been started in earnest, last week.

Is that difficult to understand?

Of course now, a contractor is allegedly going to be put under pressure with deadline-based financial penalty clauses. Have a wild stab in the dark about what contractors do when faced with the prospect of financial penalties??

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
PL2 3DQ":11r9u0q3 said:
The extra cost of the roof has been known since last June and will be funded by the directors.

Club website
Who writes these headlines for the Herald?

I remember the bit about the new roof and the extra £1m from months and months ago, as PL2 says. And I'm not following every twist and turn of the story. Bizarre.