Ryan Taylor Replacement | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Taylor Replacement

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
A great season. However if we want to compete next season it's obvious we need another similar player to come in if we have injures.

It's sad to say but I feel we would be in the playoffs if not for Ryan's Injury.
Although it's one dimension it works.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We need another Taylor, so why not get one?

Lyle+Taylor+AFC+Wimbledon+v+Watford+Pre+Season+u3qzcMS9-UAl.jpg

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
We have to find someone who won't mind bench warming. That's the problem. Thought Eaves was excellent today but would he want to be 2nd fiddle? I doubt it.
Get Church fit and maybe that's the answer.
Would love Lyle but I doubt that'll happen

Feb 23, 2008
Not sure Lyle is the type that would fit into DA's template for a player temperament wise?

Never met him personally though obviously.......

Also could he do a job as a one up front?

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":2a3hz5xh said:
We need another Taylor, so why not get one?
I left him off my list because, although he's good and DA is clearly a fan, i'm not so sure he's used to playing that specific role.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
One thing that has been learnt with the style of play, is to forget someone who plays off the shoulder or is a fox in the box, we need to sign 3 Ryan Taylor’s.( not an easy task) Carey and Lameiras haven’t been the same since, without him.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure how realistic is but I wonder if John Akinde is now a more realistic option with Barnet dropping out of the football league?

Saying that I think he's had a lengthy injury spell this season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I can't believe 1 player can make such a difference to a team but in Ryan Taylors case the stats speak for themselves.

Without him RELEGATION
With him PROMOTION

Having two attacking lightweight players like Carey and Lameiras clearly requires a big man upfront for him to hold the ball up and feed them.
Taylor does the job really well but isn't a prolific striker himself.
I don't think Lyle Taylor is of the same mould but I think he would be a great addition to our team.
He is too good though to sit on the bench so we may need a change of formation or personnel to accommodate him and in which case Lameiras would be the likely victimn

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pettgreen":2pcfo4gf said:
We have to find someone who won't mind bench warming. That's the problem. Thought Eaves was excellent today but would he want to be 2nd fiddle? I doubt it.

Perhaps DA will amend a habit of a lifetime and employ 2 out and out strikers next season. If only Argyle could source a couple in the mould of Mariner and Rafferty once again. Could Eaves and Ryan Taylor work? Certainly the Gills striker must have left an impression on DA on the touch line, given he scored a hat trick on the last day of the season against his team

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
Failing to sign a decent forward in either transfer window was the biggest low point of an otherwise excellent season. Selling Jervis before we had signed a replacement only made the situation worse

Fortunately there’s not much else to complain about. Some good transfer business elsewhere in the squad and the team showed a huge amount of heart

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pettgreen":1mahslaq said:
It is my feeling that Church, decent as he is, is simply too injury-prone to take a risk with, unless it is on a "pay as you play" deal. The lad we got from Coventry - McNamee(?) - was a prime example. Excellent player but always one challenge from being injured.

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":1wxwyt1a said:
Pettgreen":1wxwyt1a said:

Perhaps DA will amend a habit of a lifetime and employ 2 out and out strikers next season. If only Argyle could source a couple in the mould of Mariner and Rafferty once again. Could Eaves and Ryan Taylor work? Certainly the Gills striker must have left an impression on DA on the touch line, given he scored a hat trick on the last day of the season against his team

Mariner and Rafferty from 19 70s. Tactics have moved on you know! One up front has worked very well for us when it's the right 'one'.