Now on GoS (the calm before the storm - grandstand) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Now on GoS (the calm before the storm - grandstand)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
With the contractors soon to appear at Home Park, Bob and I have been taking photos over the last few weeks to record the look of the south side. Nothing new of course, but hopefully of interest to those who don't often get to Home Park, and even a surprise or two for those who do. They're now on GoS.

Greens on Screen

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks Steve and Bob. The media centre and refreshment area looks poor and all the more reason for the refurbishment.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I don't think anyone would argue with that, Ian, least of all the good folk who cope so well in such conditions. As you say, all the more reason to push on!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Thanks for posting these photos.

Only been to Home Park for three games this season and always on the Lyndhurst side so never see the "dark side" of the Grandstand. I can only feel sorry for the poor folk who have been expected to work in these buildings as I can't imagine the conditions have been that pleasant.

Those toilets are truly a disgrace. In fact they were pretty bad 30 years ago. Can't wait for the bulldozers to sentence them to a long overdue demolition.

Looking forward to seeing more photos as the work starts in earnest over coming weeks.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
Keeping the best bits and getting rid of the worst bits of the grandstand is the best news I've had as an Argyle fan since we were saved from non-league/going bust.

Preserving the identity and heritage will serve us so well as many clubs assimilate with dull stadiums and zero atmosphere. However, the modernization will hopefully give us the level of professionalism necessary to become a Championship club.

Jun 20, 2017
FERNDOWN
With the playing season concluded there will no doubt be a few days of end of season administration needed. Players release and retention, summer assessments and programmes issued and some physio recovery work tp take place.
Notwithstanding that I hope the work on the Grandstand will start in earnest in the week ahead.
I would like the club to post a library of photos of what the facilities look like now so we can then appreciate the journey to the completed article over the summer.
In addition I would appreciate perhaps updates on the website say twice a week with some photos and a short narrative of what's happening to keep us engaged over the closed season.
what do others think!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Do you mean pics on the PAFC web-site or those likely plundered on PASOTI? I am sure Rick Cowdery and his merry band of scribes want a holiday too!

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
dennis the menace":3fa49v90 said:
Surely Greens on Screen will be invited to follow the progress like they have before.
Yes, as we've done already and will continue to do over the next 12+ months.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
BurnhamMike56":3s6kovra said:
With the playing season concluded there will no doubt be a few days of end of season administration needed. Players release and retention, summer assessments and programmes issued and some physio recovery work tp take place.
Notwithstanding that I hope the work on the Grandstand will start in earnest in the week ahead.
I would like the club to post a library of photos of what the facilities look like now so we can then appreciate the journey to the completed article over the summer.
In addition I would appreciate perhaps updates on the website say twice a week with some photos and a short narrative of what's happening to keep us engaged over the closed season.
what do others think!

Yup the end of the season is always a busy time. That said do we know any more about timelines over the summer regarding the building work?

Aug 5, 2015
Makes you realise just how far in the Dark Ages our facilities were. Be interesting to see what the players and management had to endure.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Hi Steve where do I look on greensonscreen to see these photos.