Church out for season | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Church out for season

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
The headline is a strange one.Surely he's unlikely to play for us again ever.

12 mins must be one of the shortest ever Argyle careers.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
It was always going to be a gamble. Didn't pay off this time.

May 21, 2015
Sometimes signings like this will happen. Shame, as we needed quality cover for Taylor.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
pearces greens":31lrewvo said:
We must have picked up much more injuries in training this season than during games.

Possibly the result of the double training sessions where the bodies of some players can't cope, especially new players who are plunged into it mid season, although Adams has said Church is suffering from an injury he had before joining us. Which means the medical team missed it (which I don't believe) or we knew about it and decided to take a gamble on his fitness.

Nardiello played 32 minutes for Argyle. :)

Oct 18, 2011
I think this just shows there wasn't a ready supply of quality centre forwards available within our budget. Adams took a gamble on what was available, and lost this time. The double training catch 22, is if Church had lighter training, he may not have been injured, but wouldn't have been match fit anyway. I saw him labour through 25 minutes of a reserve game at Cheltenham, he simply wasn't fit enough to play in the league.

Aug 5, 2016
It was a signing that could have paid off, no manager can guess with certainty at a player's durability. Any player can get an injury and be out for months.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I'd heard last week that he was retiring from professional football at the end of the season so not too surprised. Disappointed though, thought he could have been a good player for us.

Feb 17, 2017
Should have signed him on a paid per match kind of contract as used by clubs not sure on a players fitness. He would have earned about £9 all he has been worth to us as he saved on the heating bill of the bench.

May 18, 2016
"It's an injury that he had before he came to this club," Argyle manager Derek Adams told BBC Radio Devon.

If that is the case, did we put him through a medical before we signed him? and why did we sign him at all?

Seems like a waste of time and money that could have been avoided - and we only realise that he isn't fit to play when we have a need for someone like him.