No Graham Carey... (PFA Team of the Year) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

No Graham Carey... (PFA Team of the Year)

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I know I am biased, but I have to admit to being more than a little surprised that GC10 didn't feature in the Professional Footballers' Association Players' team of the year for League 1. It would have been a worthy honour to mark an excellent season's work, but I suppose anything that keeps him under the radar for retention purposes can't be all bad...

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Carp title! Read it and thought Carey out for Saturday.....

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
John Cooper":26wwy2a7 said:
Carp title! Read it and thought Carey out for Saturday.....

Me too, that's why I changed it.

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
The recent EFL awards were worse - Adebayo Akinfenwa included in the EFL (not EFL 2) team of the year. On which planet does that make any sense?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
TJH":3rn373mz said:
The recent EFL awards were worse - Adebayo Akinfenwa included in the EFL (not EFL 2) team of the year. On which planet does that make any sense?
He's in the League Two PFA team of the season too so not only was he voted in by managers (EFL) but the players too. 17 goals and 14 assists is a good record though, not sure why you think it doesn't make sense.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
That's why you have to read more than a headline... :eek:)

Aug 5, 2016
Mark58":q44nfrpq said:
I know I am biased, but I have to admit to being more than a little surprised that GC10 didn't feature in the Professional Footballers' Association Players' team of the year for League 1. It would have been a worthy honour to mark an excellent season's work, but I suppose anything that keeps him under the radar for retention purposes can't be all bad...

I thought Carey was in the team for League One? It was announced a week or two ago.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2v8lheto said:
Mark58":2v8lheto said:

I thought Carey was in the team for League One? It was announced a week or two ago.
That was in the EFL’s League One Team of the Season, voted for by the division’s managers. This one is the players' choices.

Aug 5, 2016
Keepitgreen":6hopxvmq said:
Knibbsworth":6hopxvmq said:
Mark58":6hopxvmq said:

That was in the EFL’s League One Team of the Season, voted for by the division’s managers. This one is the players' choices.

OK mate, thanks for clarifying.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Makes sense I suppose, the managers have seen him play, most Div. 1 players have only seen him from behind! ;)

If he isn't in I'm struggling to find better players for the team based on what I've seen at HP!! :think:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Good point. I suppose if I was nutmegged and given the run around like a lot of his opponents I wouldn't vote for him either! :eek:)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
lilcol":1fhaxmzf said:
Maybe GC10 has not been as consistent as those who have been selected ?
Maybe, but with the PFA teams it really does help if you've played in the league a couple of seasons and for a couple of clubs.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I really don't get the PFA "Teams" of the year. Look at their choices for their Premier League side. They've just gone for a GK, four defenders and the rest are the swashbuckling attacking/goalscoring players. As a "team" they wouldn't really cut it.