DA really got under Pompey's skin | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

DA really got under Pompey's skin

Quite unprofessional comments from Pompey's Gareth Evans:

‘It’s a strange comment from a strange manager'

‘Bizarre. He’s obviously got a bit of a vendetta against Portsmouth for some reason, perhaps that’s because last season we won the league and he didn’t.

Also a good comment to fire up Bradford ahead of tonights game:

‘I watched Bradford against Shrewsbury on TV last week and the pitch was shambolic, it hasn’t changed since I was there,’ said Evans. ‘The run of form they’ve had since the turn of the year is horrific, they have completely blown up.'

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8461081

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pompey 'powers' and fans are completely obsessed about winning the title last season.

I think it was brilliant how they nipped all of us at the post if I'm honest, but I've never felt suicidal about it, has anyone else?

May 8, 2011
It would be interesting whether the Portsmouth fans sang all the same songs when they played Doncaster, because Doncaster really did throw away being Champions.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Strange how, 10 years ago, they won the FA cup but, here they are, getting all bent out of shape about (just) winning the League 2 champions trophy. Maybe they got some silver polish that was getting a bit old so they are getting their money's worth. How aspirations change.

May 16, 2016
It was an indication of how different Clubs view each other. I was also one of those that had actually forgotten the way last Season ended until hearing the Campiones chant. It's obviously up there as a major achievement on their part but not one that 'rankles' any Greens I've chatted to.

This Seasons story has far outweighed the last one. People will remember this more than the less than one hour they spent at the top of the bottom division. I was hoping for some creative chanting reminding them that we'd gone from bottom dead ducks to them hoping to win just to go 2 points above us.

Pompey in places, is a good City, but, my goodness, they don't half have a chip on their shoulders up there.

Mar 23, 2008
I love how DA publicly plays such a calm and calculated game with the media, a real poker face but there's always a tactic there and you get the impression everything he does is measured and by design. He winds people up such as Steve Evans and now Gareth Evans (something in the name??) whilst remaining the cool professional.

In terms of the league, i was gutted at the time and would rather Donny won it if we couldn't but we got promotion and that's that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Guiri Green":9os2d16r said:
Pompey in places, is a good City, but, my goodness, they don't half have a chip on their shoulders up there.

Imagine being outshone by Southampton and Bournemouth? I know we are, but geography makes it more palatable. :greensmile:

I have a girl friend, who lives just outside Southampton.

She has clearly described the rivalry between the two sides to me often.

Maybe it IS hatred ?

She has been to Home Park and The Brit on Match Days with me.

Her and the late Big Mike P were great mates !!

Some of her friends have NOT moved house when the occasion has arisen - WHY ?

Because the new house had a PO postal code !!

That hurts them.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Jan 6, 2004
Adams is a terrific manager but his post match comments are very regularly disingenuous to put it mildly - I am not surprised other teams get wound up, we got wound up when we were doing badly and he said we deserved to win every game, but whatever, if it works, it works.

chave

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 15, 2017
HC Green":3qryqcl7 said:
It would be interesting whether the Portsmouth fans sang all the same songs when they played Doncaster, because Doncaster really did throw away being Champions.
We did :)

For the comments, Evans is one of our more passionate players, so not surprised he came out with the comments. He's taken on the fans dislike of Southampton, so I'm sure he's done the same with Argyle.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I love how Derek Adams nearly caused Steve "another burger" Evans to blow a gasket last season by repeatedly telling him that he (Adams) was the best manager outside the Premier League :thumbup:

I'm convinced things like this are quite calculated on Adams' part. I'm so glad he's ours :scarf:

With Pompey it's all about being the South Coast top dogs. Over the years they have had many posts on their Forums going on and on about it.

Now for most of memorable history it's been between them and Southampton for the top spot and that's where the vitriol has been directed. However they are now firmly behind Southampton, Bournemouth and Brighton (all their closet South Coast neighbours) so that's why they are so desperate to finish above us, so as they are not the bottom South Coast club and hence we are now the object of their passionate dis-pleasure as the afore mentioned are well out of their sights.

In fact to prevent this occurring on some Pompey threads they now consider our dear friends up the road to be classed as being on the South Coast just to prevent them being bottom of their weird mini-league. I myself have never classed Exeter to be a seaside resort and probably neither has anybody from Exeter! They must be gutted TUFC went non-League!!