Remi on his way back to Plymouth? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Remi on his way back to Plymouth?

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Letheren has done very well, in the 2 matches he has played since Matthews has been unavailable. I prefer Matthews, but Letheren is entitled to be agrieved, if he is replaced on Saturday.

Apr 1, 2009
plymouthboyuk":15we5zxj said:
Letheren has done very well, in the 2 matches he has played since Matthews has been unavailable. I prefer Matthews, but Letheren is entitled to be agrieved, if he is replaced on Saturday.

Why should he be aggrieved? He got a couple of games whilst the preferred choice was on paternity leave.

Jan 27, 2012
Matthews is the best keeper at the club in my opinion- better than Letheren and McCormack. If Argyle can sign him on a permanent deal it would be a real coup. Te Loeke is an unknown quantity but seems to have played at a pretty low standard in the past- I doubt we will be seeing him again.

I hope to see Matthews back next week. He's one of the reasons why Argyle are in the play-off places.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I think it's a little unfair on Letheren to knock him as he has only played 2 games & it will take a few games to get back up to speed. I'm not saying he better than Matthews but let's face it even he didn't inspire confidence in his first couple of games and made some real schoolboy errors.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Why is it unfair? Letheren is employed as a back up. He knows that. Matthews under his loan deal is first choice. If it was a total loss of form then that's another thing but it isn't.
Letheren has fulfilled his job role and goes back to being on the bench.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Argyle Nutter":33gnwor9 said:
I think it's a little unfair on Letheren to knock him as he has only played 2 games & it will take a few games to get back up to speed. I'm not saying he better than Matthews but let's face it even he didn't inspire confidence in his first couple of games and made some real schoolboy errors.

If we were middle of the pack without much to play for now, I'd agree and play Letheren, perhaps even Cooper. Fighting for every point we have to play the best player we can in each position, for me that's Remi in goal at this moment.

Aug 5, 2016
We have five more matches with a spot in the play offs resting on it. DA has never been one to pick players on sentiment and I doubt he'll start now. If Matthews is available he is almost certain to start.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Indeed he must as must Taylor and Sarcevic as soon as they are fit. We need the spinme of pour team back for the final push

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
PlymOdi":c03mn29k said:
Argyle Nutter":c03mn29k said:

If we were middle of the pack without much to play for now, I'd agree and play Letheren, perhaps even Cooper. Fighting for every point we have to play the best player we can in each position, for me that's Remi in goal at this moment.
Think you miss read my post I never said he was or is better than Remi nor should he keep his place in the team. I just can't she how he can be judged after only 2 games, the same as Cooper was ajudged to be the mesire after one good game. It takes a few games to settle in & become comfortable Thus I feel knocking after 2 games him is a tad unfair.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If we can't get Matthews back next season I'd like to us go for Roos on a permanent deal, was impressed by him earlier in the season and felt for him when he had to leave.