Scunthorpe Sack Manager | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scunthorpe Sack Manager

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
5th in the table. There was a time when we would look overseas and laugh at these sorts of moves in Italy, Spain etc, now it's routine in our third division.

Jan 20, 2004
Pilgrim61":3tr5tjmc said:
Absolute joke. Good move for Argyle though me thinks

I would say the opposite, we are their next home game, and just like Charlton, they could also benefit from a new manager bounce.

Charlton friend of mine reckons that is the best they have played all season, they came out of the starting blocks like they were on fire, and we were still asleep before we're 2-0 down.

May 8, 2011
This does seem another example of a Club where the owner has been pumping millions of his own money into a Club that isn’t financially sustainable to achieve success above what you would expect and isn’t prepared to see that money ‘wasted’.
Any manager going to these sort of Clubs like Fleetwood, Bradford, and Oxford must know they will be under enormous pressure not to fail, even if failing means being fifth.
The Rotherham manager must now be at the top of the sack race.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Mike E":19mi51i5 said:
Pilgrim61":19mi51i5 said:

I would say the opposite, we are their next home game, and just like Charlton, they could also benefit from a new manager bounce.

Charlton friend of mine reckons that is the best they have played all season, they came out of the starting blocks like they were on fire, and we were still asleep before we're 2-0 down.

My son who is a Charlton fan (I tried to bring him up right) couldn't believe what we were seeing...by far the best that they have played this season he reckoned (and with half the side out injured). He had never seen them attack like that this season...he was expecting a drubbing....Argyle seemed to be like a rabbit caught in the headlights....just didn't seem to be any leadership on the field to change it around....if Argyle had pulled one back Charlton might of reverted to type....but we didn't have anyone to do it for us.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
So Scunthorpe's next home game is against Argyle....oh dear could this be a repeat of the Charlton script.

New manager syndrome comes to mind.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
Quintrell_Green":ujoqoewk said:
Princerock":ujoqoewk said:
So Scunthorpe's next home game is against Argyle....oh dear could this be a repeat of the Charlton script.

New manager syndrome comes to mind.

Exactly my thought too.
Well the answer is staring us in the face - we need to sack our manager as well. That should do the trick.... :lol: :lol:

Jan 20, 2004
northroadwest1":wat5aqho said:
Another silly little club

What is silly about them ? They are club, that just like Argyle have years of history battleing it out in the second, third and fourth tiers of English football, but with a town the population of about the quarter the size of Plymouth and a number of bigger clubs nearby to poach their support.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
That one can tell precisely whether all could be well at a club merely from looking at a league table, some geniuses out there.

Reminds of a snippet from 606 late last calendar year: the Welsh one, not the mop-haired simpleton ex-player the other one, who couldn't understand why a majority of fans disliked Pulis when he had such a good record on the relegation front. Garbage entertainment is garbage isn't it, no matter what tier or stats (tables, results et cetera) you might wrap it up in.

Aug 5, 2016
Princerock":3f7djcnr said:
Mike E":3f7djcnr said:
Pilgrim61":3f7djcnr said:

My son who is a Charlton fan (I tried to bring him up right) couldn't believe what we were seeing...by far the best that they have played this season he reckoned (and with half the side out injured). He had never seen them attack like that this season...he was expecting a drubbing....Argyle seemed to be like a rabbit caught in the headlights....just didn't seem to be any leadership on the field to change it around....if Argyle had pulled one back Charlton might of reverted to type....but we didn't have anyone to do it for us.

Charlton looked very good I thought. It's a shame more fans are not giving them credit as they totally dictated the game in my opinion. It wasn't luck, they wanted it much more and deserved the win.