Today’s Away Attendance | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Today’s Away Attendance

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
soccerpilgrim":2c89me3a said:
When was the last time we took a following the size of today’s game to a league game? Were we in the Championship?

At a guess, QPR away in the championship

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
moles40":ijr1zxfq said:
3404 was official away attendance.Unreal support. :clap:
Official site says 3034, but still :clap:

Jul 29, 2010
GreensOnScreen":uibbnryd said:
moles40":uibbnryd said:
3404 was official away attendance.Unreal support. :clap:
Official site says 3034, but still :clap:
Reminded me of the dumbass nit picky Mc666 comment when asked about the 35k we took to Wembley... "32,000 actually".

...as if that undermines anything :lol:

Big up the Green Army :clap:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
In the old days an away following was estimated by the number of coaches and charter trains used. 50 per coach and 500 per train. Those getting to an away game under their own steam tended to get ignored. Can anyone remember a League fixture with two trains and around 40 coaches? If not then surely today the GA can claim a record.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Fergy":3gxl5k1l said:
There definitely wasn’t 3,000 there. Plenty of seats available.

There were fans drinking and watching the game near the kiosks and some fans were in the aisles. I can't see why thar figure isn't accurate ish. I bet the away end takes about 3.2k or something around that figure. It wasn't the best atmosphere to be fair because the quick goals from Charlton and poor attacking display from Argyle. Shame really. We just didn't want it enough and reminded me of the Wembley play off a couple years ago.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Fantastic ground and great turn out from the Green Army. Conceding after 2 mins rather pi$$ed on the atmosphere though, as did conceding again 15 mins later.

Only complaint about the ground - that ridiculously cramped 'foyer' outside the stand itself where the bar was, heaving with people trying to get a drink or get through the crush to reach the loos. An accident waiting to happen I'd have thought when there's full away support like today.

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Great turn out, but again - turn into a tinpot club when losing.
We’re only good when winning.
Pubs were class before hand.
As soon as first goal went, everyone expected to win
We’re punching above our weight, our fans need to realise it.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
FourMarksGreen":wcjhsr3y said:
Fantastic ground and great turn out from the Green Army. Conceding after 2 mins rather pi$$ed on the atmosphere though, as did conceding again 15 mins later.

Only complaint about the ground - that ridiculously cramped 'foyer' outside the stand itself where the bar was, heaving with people trying to get a drink or get through the crush to reach the loos. An accident waiting to happen I'd have thought when there's full away support like today.

Liked the ground, looked far bigger and impressive than I expected it to be; also the surrounding area, admittedly not particularly pretty, enhanced the match day experience in a way you don't get at the run of the mill out of town ones. Having said all of that, I agree with FourMarksGreen, the bottleneck area he refers to felt iffy and I was pleased to weave my way through to the other side. Quite surprising, at a ground that is no stranger to big away followings and no doubt compliant with the regulations etc.