Adams - "players under no pressure" | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Adams - "players under no pressure"

Jan 6, 2004
Adams saying now we have 57 points the players are under no pressure. I am not so sure. We are in a play off position, doesn't matter what order we got the points to get there , we are there. There must surely be some pressure now to finish the job off. Promotion this season would be one of the greatest football stories since Leicester won the PLand the players would remember this season for the rest of their careers. Surely there is some pressure now to achieve that?

Jul 24, 2009
Well there is pressure in one way but it suits us and Adams from a psychological perspective to think of making the play-offs as a fantastic bonus, not to work any less hard for it but so that we play without the burden of expectation. When the pressure was on with our start to the season we struggled, now the pressure is off (because we’ve earned it) we’re a different side.

Adams is good at this, I remember him last season kicking up a bit of a fuss with comments to Steve Evans at Mansfield which I am sure were motivated by taking the pressure away from the players and onto him. He knows what he’s doing.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
This is exactly what Ranieri did with Leicester when they won the league, no pressure at all, set a target for the season, achieve that then see what happens.

Jan 6, 2004
Yes fair enough. I guess he can judge the players' mood and motivations best. It is true that our form has had a habit of tailing off in recent years in the latter part of the season when the pressure has been on so perhaps this is the best approach.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Everything from here on in is a bonus and a well done for the hard work they’ve all put in this season.

No targets, No pressure, No fear.

Play like we have been, enjoy it and see what comes of it.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
And think of the bonus you can get if you make the playoffs !

Motivational without pressure I would say.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":1a6jvvdv said:
Promotion this season would be one of the greatest football stories since Leicester won the PL

Yes indeed. Nothing much out of the ordinary has happened in football in the last 22 months ;)

:lol:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Lundan Cabbie":282v47n1 said:
Green_Flash":282v47n1 said:
Promotion this season would be one of the greatest football stories since Leicester won the PL

Yes indeed. Nothing much out of the ordinary has happened in football in the last 22 months ;)