Karl Robinson offers resignation (gone, caretaker manager) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Karl Robinson offers resignation (gone, caretaker manager)

Jan 6, 2004
with injuries, international call ups and now this there could not be a better time to play them. Three points must be the expectation on Saturday.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
I donā€™t blame him from wanting to resign if oxford are waiting. Charlton have become a mess in recent seasons and in all honesty heā€™s done a reasonable job to say whatā€™s been going on behind the scenes.

Definitely the time to play them! Will be interesting to see how the game will pan out.

Feb 2, 2007
Oxford are not in great straits at present either. Managerless for donkeys, an owner who is suspiciously interested in land more than football, a mini freefall down the league. Shows how quickly fortunes can turn.

Not sure what Robinson has ever done to be so sought after tbh.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Oxford calling, prospective owners wanting rid of him once they arrive. Seems a bit of a horrible move on the part of the current owners to reject his resignation.

Depending on when the new lot come in the Oxford job will likely be taken leaving him out of work when Kewell is appointed.

As others have said, no better time to play them but have to feel for him. What a mess...

NLG

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
The more it looks like we should be able to win this game, the more I worry :cry:

Feb 2, 2007
Northernlightgreen":1hckzaoa said:
The more it looks like we should be able to win this game, the more I worry :cry:

This isnā€™t typical Argo any more though, even when we have been bad we have been so disasterous itā€™s beyond words, which isnā€™t typical Argo. :funny:

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":29c7f1hr said:
Oxford calling, prospective owners wanting rid of him once they arrive. Seems a bit of a horrible move on the part of the current owners to reject his resignation.

Depending on when the new lot come in the Oxford job will likely be taken leaving him out of work when Kewell is appointed.

As others have said, no better time to play them but have to feel for him. What a mess...
Who are these prospective owners? Roland Duchatelet has been selling up since last April. The last I heard was that he was asking for too much for the club.

Jan 27, 2012
Charlton is a good sized club and the expectation among their fans is that the team should be playing in the Championship, if not higher.

But as a League One team, I wouldn't say they are a club in crisis. They are not far behind Argyle in the table and remain serious promotion contenders. Clearly very dangerous opponents and Argyle can't get over-confident. I haven't looked at the odds, but I expect the bookmakers would make them favourites.

PutneyPete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø PASALB Member
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Northernlightgreen":1y2tt37z said:
Exactly.

Karl Robinson could do a 'Steve Evans' - resign anyway and walk out. But, allegedly, he has offered to resign before.

Karl Robinson has offered to resign from his position as Charlton Athletic boss. The South London Press understands that the Liverpudlian has offered to quit on two occasions. Robinson initially did that before the 1-0 defeat at Blackpool. He is the longest-serving manager under owner Roland Duchatelet but there is real uncertainty over his role. He has been a heavy betting favourite for the Oxford United vacancy.
https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/brea ... to-resign/

Strangely enough, Robinson leaving could well cause an increase in determination and spirit in the Charlton squad.

According to the Charlton forum ...

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussio ... rdays-game

Our best chance is Robbo going ASAP and we get a bit of a bounce caused by Jason Euell (our U23s manager) lighting a fire under them/changing things up.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Agreed. All that guff on the Charlton forum about this being a nailed-on 3 points for Argyle doesn't wash with me. Its going to be a tough game on Saturday and I reckon this has 'draw' written all over it.