Who would you like for the new CEO? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Who would you like for the new CEO?

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Thought i'd start a separate thread for this. A crucial role i would say considering where the club is and has come from. There are many candidates out there. So are there any that our esteemed contributors on here would like to see or spring to mind? I have little opinion on this subject apart from a strong footballing nous is needed with knowledge on the workings and politics that we do not see from day to day in running a football club.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Who are your many candidates though? I haven't got a clue.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I would like to think that Derek Adams will be involved in the appointment procedure.

He has said that he wants to build a Club, not just a football team and the Chief Executive will need to work very closely with the owner/s and the manager. There needs to be a mutual respect for their roles within the club.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
BallboyEGS1958":p0ntte52 said:
Derek Adams father ?

Mike you still on a high from Saturday's win. :thumbup:

B

BallboyEGS1958

dunlop":3dvm3xiq said:
BallboyEGS1958":3dvm3xiq said:
Derek Adams father ?

Mike you still on a high form Saturday's win. :thumbup:

Was going to say his mother, but we already have two women on the board "No detriment meant to our new board members"

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
No idea Pettgreen. It's essentially a small business that needs a good, experienced, Operations Director i.e someone to oversee the customer services, administration, marketing and finances of the club. Not sure a football background is essential---in fact some CEO appointments in football would be highly questionable in a normal commercial environment. Key role and would need someone with the confidence to challenge the Board and make the case for non-player related investment in the club. I've no doubt the headhunters are on the case already.

Jul 29, 2010
Serious answer alert...

It'll be someone we've never heard of.

Why?, because no-one can name but a handful of them, and those who can be named are probably only known through infamy rather than excellence.

We'll get a name and scurry off to see what his/her previous clubs fans have to say about them, we'll not be enthused by what we read. Woe and trepidation will overcome the site as undue prominence will be given to what disgruntled fans have to say about previous performance... but it shouldn't.

Why?, because no-one becomes a CEO as a means to become popular. They perform a functional background role that usually, one way or another, will annoy one section of the fanbase or another. Those fans will spout off on an internet message board but in truth the 'contentious' decisions made were probably for the ultimate benefit of the club... and that's who the CEO works for, the club, not the fans.

Like all JB's appointments I am sure the process will be thorough and will result in the best available candidate for Argyle being appointed.