Viva PASOTI! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Viva PASOTI!

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Being in a reflective frame of mind - as is often the case on a Sunday - I’ve been going through a “count your life blessings” check list and have arrived at PASOTI. Despite being a fanatical and devoted follower of Argyle for many, many years I only discovered PASOTI a few years ago. That’s not surprising for me as I’ve always fought against technological advances until battered into submission by need and global peer pressure. Given my own way I’d still be writing letters with a fountain pan, watching black and white TV and popping down the phone box if I needed to call somebody. Kicking and screaming, however, I’ve been dragged into the 21st century and am now sold on the wonders of the internet (although, don’t even start to try and tell me what Twitter is all about…). I check out PASOTI half a dozen times a day (well, probably more - but I’m not sure my wife isn’t reading this) and consider it my go-to to connection with all things Argyle. To find a whole range of passionate views about something that is an important part of my life is very reassuring. Whilst I do not always agree with some of those views I find the “debate” stimulating and never lose sight of the fact that even those posts that are most extreme from my viewpoint come from people who care about Argyle as much as I do. PASOTI can be likened to a family in a way. There are the siblings and cousins bantering with one another one minute and spatting the next, the parents spouting entrenched opinions and occasionally embarrassing the kids and the grandparents espousing words of wisdom and putting things into a much wider context using their years of experience. Of course, there is the occasional weird uncle who sits in the corner mumbling - but you learn to avoid him. Incidentally, if there ARE any sisters, mothers and grandmas out there it would be great to hear from you!

It is true to say that some of us tend to take things for granted and that has certainly been the case for me and PASOTI. I have come to accept the many high quality postings and subsequent exchange of views as standard but it’s only recently that I have got into the habit of checking out similar forums for forthcoming opposition clubs. Boy, has that been an eye-opener! I think it’s fair to say that we Janners have a tendency to put ourselves down and assume that everything “up the line” is bigger and better. Let me tell you it is not. In the case of on-line fans forums I can confidently say that I have yet to find anything comparable to PASOTI in terms of accessibility, quality and range of posts. From the “elitist entitlement” of Blackburn fans after we had the audacity to “flukily” beat them a while back to the, frankly, knuckle-dragging vitriol of most of those posts from Bristol Rovers after yesterday’s match, I feel pretty damned lucky to have been born an Argyle fan and have as great a forum as PASOTI. Keep up the good work, guys.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Club need to save Greensonscreen I'm opinion I am sure a gduate could appointed from UOP and paid to lot going be happy to pay a fiver or tenner subscription

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
edengreen":1tsfgg8f said:
Club need to save Greensonscreen I'm opinion I am sure a gduate could appointed from UOP and paid to lot going be happy to pay a fiver or tenner subscription

You've used all the right words eden but not necessarily in the right order? :think: