Rethink needed. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rethink needed.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Seeing kids led away crying, what a bloody stupid place to put the families.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea was probably a road planner previously.

Anyone ever seen something as stupid as this at another ground?

J

Jimbowen1972

Iā€™ve thought this from day one. I used to be a season ticket holder in the corner and couldnā€™t believe it when they announced families would be put there. If Argyle do progress then it will only get worse as the away crowds grow in size. Who in there right mind would put young children in between rival fans, itā€™s beyond me.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
People will trot out the usual ā€˜itā€™s the fansā€™ fault, not the clubā€™sā€™ but why not just avoid the potential problem in the first place? Even if we donā€™t go up, we could see the addition of any of the following in this league: Sunderland, Birmingham, Swindon, Luton, Coventry etc. With minimal segregation, thereā€™ll be more trouble. Just move it, ffs.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Complete stupidity by the club. Scenes like today will stop parents bringing the kids who will not know what to think about football fuggery.

Massive own goal, rank stupidity and incompetence.

God forbid anything ever happens to a child. The club could get sued

May 8, 2011
There wasnā€™t a family area in blocks 17 and 18 today as there wonā€™t be for the Portsmouth game. The Club contacted all ST holders in that area a few weeks ago and relocated them.

Feb 2, 2007
Block 18 may not be family space today but some kids were still in thereā€™s. I usually go with other half and two small kids but judged today that the atmos and weather were not really conducive. Pompey the same.

I respect those that did and itā€™s really sad that a few grown men, some no doubt with kids themselves can behave in such a way on both sides of the netting. Huge cost to the club for what amounts to about 100 idiots too. And keeps away lots of families.

I explained to my kids that they couldnā€™t come to the game because of some idiotic adults who behaved liked very naughty children and try to use football as a vehicle for their self loathing.

Oct 31, 2015
How on earth is this the clubs fault. Grown men acting like that because they were losing.

F&&&ing pathetic in this day and age. Nothing to do with the club and all to do with the idiots

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Fear it could be a more common occurrence next season.

With the Grandstand closed, presumably these blocks will be occupied more fully more frequently. Even if we remain in League 1, it's likely Sunderland will bring a big following, Birmingham could be another side we face in the 3rd tier.

Of course if we make the Championship then Leeds, WBA and Stoke and possibly Southampton will be among the teams heading to Home Park all with large numbers.

The club should assess each game on its merits but with a reduced capacity, there may be a few challenges ahead.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It seems that the only times that there isn't any confrontation in that corner is when the Family Area is actually OPEN as a family area.

Feb 7, 2017
I was at the back of block 19 for the exeter game last season. One row from the back, the whole back row started off empty, and by the end of the game I'm sure there were more idiots up there, than there were seats. Wonder if something similar happened today with the remaining empty seats in block 18? Surely they can't all wait until the last minute to buy their tickets.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Lundan Cabbie":27emj0jf said:
It seems that the only times that there isn't any confrontation in that corner is when the Family Area is actually OPEN as a family area.

I don't think it would have mattered if the family area was open as usual today as I don't think it would have stopped the 'solid from the neck up' element of the brizzle lot from advancing.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Zoo corner has always attracted the idiots and any chance they get to move back there they do. Their only interest is "banter" with the opposition fans. As the cabbie says, the times when the family closure is open and a genuine family enclosure there is no problems in that area. Little wonder that block 18 is only opened as a last resort. Policing costs must have been horrendous today.

"solid from the neck up" applies to fans from both clubs in that area of the ground today.

G

Green Planet

Absolutely staggered that the club is receiving flak for the unsavoury scenes today. The family zone was closed, ST holders relocated, block 17 only opened yesterday, block 18 this morning. What else could be club have done?

Perhaps they could have put out a communication warning all parents not to sit too close to the away fans. I'm sure that would have gone down well given some of the posts on the 'Bristol Rovers tickets' thread where the club is also being criticized for failing to give Rovers a larger allocation and insisting on a 'ridiculous' amount of segregation!

Moving forward, particularly next season, the club will need to assess what they do with that area but they clearly do that already as games like today's, Pompey and in recent years Exeter show.

Jul 29, 2010
Green Planet":1yetcbkt said:
Absolutely staggered that the club is receiving flak for the unsavoury scenes today. The family zone was closed, ST holders relocated, block 17 only opened yesterday, block 18 this morning. What else could be club have done?

Perhaps they could have put out a communication warning all parents not to sit too close to the away fans. I'm sure that would have gone down well given some of the posts on the 'Bristol Rovers tickets' thread where the club is also being criticized for failing to give Rovers a larger allocation and insisting on a 'ridiculous' amount of segregation!...
Spot on. So much as glancing in the general direction of the club, let alone outright pointing of fingers just belies complete and utter ignorance of the facts here... there was no family section there.

Ignorance of course being the key word for everything that happened over there today. Throbbers the lot of 'em.