Adams... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Adams...

Dec 22, 2015
I will admit that I was screaming for his head during our slow start to the season. I was disgusted with the style of Football we witnessed at the beginning of this season, but Jesus how he has turned it around! Wow! He has these boys who are let’s be honestly all FREE and unwanted by others clubs into a hardworking and incredibly determined side. I will be shocked if Adams is still manager start of next season if I’m honest and I will be gutted to see him leave.

So my simple question is... is Derek Adams CURRENTLY the best manager in League 1, League 1&2 or the football league? I honestly can’t think of another manager who can do what he has with the restraints he has had with the board and the financial status of our club. He has work wonders!

At times his tacktics really bug me and I felt and still do feel that he didn’t strengthen enough in the window in particular positions but he has been incredible at getting these lads working hard and producing at times incredibly attractive Football.

Thoughts?

Apr 8, 2014
At least you’re humble and honest enough to say you go it wrong. You don’t become a bad manager over night but yes, we are very lucky to have him. Personally I think he stays. He’s a builder, he’s a winner he’s not a quitter and I don’t think he’s a cash out man either.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Plymouth85Green":1yr3s515 said:
I will admit that I was screaming for his head during our slow start to the season. I was disgusted with the style of Football we witnessed at the beginning of this season, but Jesus how he has turned it around! Wow! He has these boys who are let’s be honestly all FREE and unwanted by others clubs into a hardworking and incredibly determined side. I will be shocked if Adams is still manager start of next season if I’m honest and I will be gutted to see him leave.

So my simple question is... is Derek Adams CURRENTLY the best manager in League 1, League 1&2 or the football league? I honestly can’t think of another manager who can do what he has with the restraints he has had with the board and the financial status of our club. He has work wonders!

At times his tacktics really bug me and I felt and still do feel that he didn’t strengthen enough in the window in particular positions but he has been incredible at getting these lads working hard and producing at times incredibly attractive Football.

Thoughts?

Dunno if he's the best manager but he does a mean pi$$taking wave :wave:

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
He's incredibly frustrating at times but single minded and driven. As all successful managers need to be.
I think the telling fact is that at no time , even when we were at our worst did it look like he'd lost the dressing room.
I hope he's here for a long time yet.

May 8, 2011
I was more concerned about the Board doing something stupid and sacking Adams so on a couple of occasions I made my feelings known to a couple of the Directors, I was pleased that they felt the same way about Adams and the good he is doing and will do for the Football Club, not just the team as I did.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Carl Barnard":28qf4e1j said:
Was it him waving to the Rovers fans at the end? If so, flipping brilliant!

said this on another thread but more relevant here... chap behind me said that the Rovers' fans were giving DA the 'Sacked in the morning' chant after the away game. think this was DA just reminding them that he's still here and things are going quite well now, ta very much!

Mar 14, 2009
It was very funny.

However, if say Peterborough manager Steve Evans (who lm guessing doesn’t have many friends) came on the pitch with his players after a late goal which beats Argyle and the waves at the crowd after receiving abuse from the HP faithful (which he has received abuse from before because of his touch line antics) l do wonder if we/I still see the comedy value in this. I imagine it would get a large thread with many angry comments about in-sighting the crowd.

Having said this, it’s nice to have a manager with a sense of humour.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
ping_g5":1ydplm5e said:
Carl Barnard":1ydplm5e said:
Was it him waving to the Rovers fans at the end? If so, flipping brilliant!

said this on another thread but more relevant here... chap behind me said that the Rovers' fans were giving DA the 'Sacked in the morning' chant after the away game. think this was DA just reminding them that he's still here and things are going quite well now, ta very much!
I could think of a few of our fans who would have been joining in with the chant at the time.

Jul 19, 2014
Metal_Green_Mickey":3l7r5ckp said:
It was very funny.

However, if say Peterborough manager Steve Evans (who lm guessing doesn’t have many friends) came on the pitch with his players after a late goal which beats Argyle and the waves at the crowd after receiving abuse from the HP faithful (which he has received abuse from before because of his touch line antics) l do wonder if we/I still see the comedy value in this. I imagine it would get a large thread with many angry comments about in-sighting the crowd.
Yep, Rovers don't really see the funny side of it. They have a thread on GasChat titled "Derek Adams Tw@"
http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11869/derek-adams

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Yep, I was calling his head. Glad I have been proved wrong, well done Brent for believing in him more than I did

Mar 23, 2008
dellaclearing":3qeg4xbx said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3qeg4xbx said:
It was very funny.

Yep, Rovers don't really see the funny side of it. They have a thread on GasChat titled "Derek Adams Tw@"
http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11869/derek-adams
I love the hypocrisy of football fans, Adams waving to them is out of order but Harrison celebrating in front of our fans was ok?? Ah right.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Hehe just read the Gas thread. If it was the other way round have no doubts there would be a long thread on here.
Adams is a very cute operator. He knows who our rivals are and if we lose he remembers all and if we win he let's them know about it. Yesterday is was a polite wave to their fans reminding them he was still in a job. Last season at Exeter."Devon is green" after a wonderful win. Oh yes it is sir, it is very green. :scarf:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Fantastic

Backed him from day one this season & done a terrific job since the summer of 2015

And remember the fans forum at Bideford AFC .... I will look after your football club

And look at us now .... 6th In League One and going for the play offs

Brilliant team spirit

In Adams WE trust