Going to HP to not watch football. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Going to HP to not watch football.

Mar 14, 2009
Seriously, I’m totally dumbfounded by the morons who come to a football match and just want to fight.

It was both parties to blame. I find it hard to call these people supporters if l am honest.

Please tell me about why people see the need in paying £20 so you can try and get involved in a fight with rival fans? Why not instead forgo paying the £20, put an advert in a paper somewhere for a disused industrial estate and take your anger management problems out there with each other.

It’s not banter, where you purposely standing at the edge of the row so your placed between the safety netting and the opposition fans baiting each other continuously whilst the football carries on. Banter is harmless fun. A laugh. It’s not a tool to engage with rival fans to wind each other up enough that you to get extra security and police to hold off what would end up being a senseless riot. The actions people are carrying out in the name of their football team has got nothing to do with football, Argyle or Bristol Rovers.

Some of those fans. Both sets were a disgrace at times. An utter embarrassment for what was a match played out by two committed teams who gave their all. What is wrong with people. Passion is wonderful thing in football. Yet why on earth does it have to spill into anger that the only way to deal with your emotions is to knock someone head off. Doesn’t that embarrass people that they are grown adults who feel this way? Or is it their lives are so dull or sad that this is some kind of highlight.

A lot of men from both clubs today just simply need to grow up. Or seek medical help.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Every word, spot on MGM.

Hopefully the next time we have a local derby, there will be an EDL march or something on at the same time, so we won't have to put up with them here.

Jan 27, 2012
If you look at the people behaving like this, 90% are immature youths rather than proper men. The grown adults who take part are usually very low intelligence people who probably lead sad lives once they get home. So this is their big day out. They are too cowardly or physically incapable of fighting for real in the armed forces like true men.

But I think the authorities are too soft. They should start arresting anyone causing disturbance and take them to court. After a season or two the trouble would probably disappear for good.

Aug 10, 2006
takes all sorts to make a world and it's gone on for decades and as I have said before football hooligans don't just go for a fight they ARE FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS believe it or not.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
loyal1970":daryfat5 said:
takes all sorts to make a world and it's gone on for decades and as I have said before football hooligans don't just go for a fight they ARE FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS believe it or not.

errrmmm ........ not. :think:

If they go for the football why weren't they around at HP for October's home games? :think:

B

Bonehead

Dan Ellard":k8jwrwpy said:
Every word, spot on MGM.

Hopefully the next time we have a local derby, there will be an EDL march or something on at the same time, so we won't have to put up with them here.

TOOL

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Pogleswoody":3nk37gn5 said:
loyal1970":3nk37gn5 said:

If they go for the football why weren't they around at HP for October's home games? :think:

Well said :clap:

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
gaspargomez":1bhxqry6 said:
But I think the authorities are too soft. They should start arresting anyone causing disturbance and take them to court.
Do we really have authorities though? It took I don't know how many people to deal with the lone idiot who ran on the pitch from the Lyndhurst. Admittedly the cordons worked well enough but I doubt many had their collars felt. And if they do, what happens? I'd guess not a lot. Some of them probably have criminal records as long as your arm and are still free to cause trouble at football matches.

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of these people should stay at home if a goal causes that much emotional trauma. Snowflakes!

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
loyal1970":1hca7dfr said:
No doubt, but they are still hooligans.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
loyal1970":2wepjl15 said:
they are not football supporters they are scroats.

Jul 3, 2013
gaspargomez":2z91sgkn said:
If you look at the people behaving like this, 90% are immature youths rather than proper men. The grown adults who take part are usually very low intelligence people who probably lead sad lives once they get home. So this is their big day out. They are too cowardly or physically incapable of fighting for real in the armed forces like true men.

But I think the authorities are too soft. They should start arresting anyone causing disturbance and take them to court. After a season or two the trouble would probably disappear for good.

I would wager good money on some of these having a better education and superior career than many on this forum.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Pogleswoody":3png3ekq said:
loyal1970":3png3ekq said:

The majority are always there, regardless of if we’re playing Bristol Rovers and Pompey or Walsall and MK Dons. It’s a massive misconception. It’s only when a club brings down a decent amount that incites such behaviour.

Sep 6, 2006
Fergy":81p4bj5q said:
Pogleswoody":81p4bj5q said:
loyal1970":81p4bj5q said:

The majority are always there, regardless of if we’re playing Bristol Rovers and Pompey or Walsall and MK Dons. It’s a massive misconception. It’s only when a club brings down a decent amount that incites such behaviour.

I don't think so. Many of them turn up when a decent away following is likely. Pathetic individuals with nothing else to do in their life but taunt opposition fans.