🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Bolton Wanderers FC‏
@OfficialBWFC
Wanderers’ final substitution of the evening sees Rose come on for Mitchell.

Wilson shown a yellow for a foul on Hall.

70) #BWFC 0-0 #BFC

Gets a 20 minutes run out.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":23nuxzxe said:
i hope he gets a contract.very good player.
I agree. From what I've seen of him he could develop into a useful player.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
willgreen78":3auck6w4 said:
Isn't he still our player? I thought he was on loan at Dorchester. So we've allowed him go on trial at Bolton?
He's contracted to us until the summer and has been told it won't be renewed. I hope Bolton take him on.

Feb 28, 2016
Good luck Cal, hope you smash it mate. Nothing to write home about yet, a lot of hard work and good luck needed yet but the interest is extremely positive and welcome. Hopefully an opportunity for others can arise at BWFC if they are watching our lads who aren’t getting a chance closely. Watch this space.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":2jo5crh8 said:
Good luck Cal, hope you smash it mate. Nothing to write home about yet, a lot of hard work and good luck needed yet but the interest is extremely positive and welcome. Hopefully an opportunity for others can arise at BWFC if they are watching our lads who aren’t getting a chance closely. Watch this space.

Are you saying you hope Bolton take our better youngsters if they're not given game time on your expected schedule?

Feb 28, 2016
PlymOdi":32akpw2f said:
MarkMatthews":32akpw2f said:

Are you saying you hope Bolton take our better youngsters if they're not given game time on your expected schedule?

That schedule that includes telling them explicitly, that they won’t be offered another contract and are free to look elsewhere? Or a chance of proper post 18 football that involves U23 development, that we sadly can’t at this time offer, instead of playing them in the SWPL for a couple of seasons before releasing them, to end up labouring on building sites and playing for Truro/Parkway? Then yes, that is exactly what I’m saying.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
We took Oscar T who they nurtured through their ranks. It might end up 'quid pro quo'. We shall soon discover. The North West, like the North East is a breeding ground for future pro footballers so it will be very competitive

Feb 28, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1r3via23 said:
We took Oscar T who they nurtured through their ranks. It might end up 'quid pro quo'. We shall soon discover. The North West, like the North East is a breeding ground for future pro footballers so it will be very competitive

It will be competitive, the mother of all uphill struggles infact. We saw that with Ty in the NE. However the fact a northern professional, club have given a trial to someone who has only ever played; non pro, southern football is great news, if they have been watching him, they will have inadvertently, seen others.

Hopefully they won’t be able to come in for the likes of Cooper and CamSang on the cheap, given how management feel about them, they will have safeguarded the club against this sort of interest, AND develop them accordingly. But for those they couldn’t give a pancake flip about, I sincerely hope there is a way out.

The fact they don’t develop the likes of; Oscar, Kellett and Clough, is a good thing. They won’t be competing against people their own age unfairly because they “aren’t on of their own.”

Aug 5, 2016
A trial is only a trial Mark. If they say no thanks, the trialist moves on with their possessions in their kitbag.

Tyler Harvey trialled with Chelsea and Sunderland for example, and ended up in non-league after Argyle where he's been ever since.

Feb 28, 2016
Knibbsworth":hmb7n5pq said:
A trial is only a trial Mark. If they say no thanks, the trialist moves on with their possessions in their kitbag.

Tyler Harvey trialled with Chelsea and Sunderland for example, and ended up in non-league after Argyle where he's been ever since.

Your picking an argument with me, whilst reiterating my point? Can I point it out in any simpler terms? “Nothing to write home about yet,” “the mother of all uphill struggles,” “hard work and luck needed.” Pointing out an example of “failed trials” at “bigger clubs.” I really don’t see the point your argument is against, unless your reading my name and not my posts.

And when did Tyler trial at Chelsea? Must have missed that one, what a great experience that must have been for him.

Dec 21, 2015
Mark as the man with all the facts can you name 5 ex argyle academy players that have been released by the club that are now thriving and earning a living playing at a higher level than Argyle ?

I ask simply because you seem to constantly berate the club for releasing academy players instead of giving them long highly paid contracts

Could I also ask what qualifications / background you have that your obviously a better judge of players we should be giving contracts to as obviously the staff at Argyle don't know a good player capable of stepping up from u18 / reserve team level when they see one

We all know many thousands of youngsters are signed to clubs up and down the country, we also know not many of those thousands go on to become professional footballers playing for the club that developed them at a young age.

For example and I use this example liberally - the millions poured into the premier league and their academy's has only seen approx 30 players going on to play first team football over the last few seasons

Another stat is that only half of 1% of academy players go on to make a living in the game

And one final one - of the 1.5 million youngsters playing at youth team level approx 0.012% (180) will make it as a premier league footballer

Huddersfield who recently scrapped all their youth academies 8-16 yrs due to only 1 player progressing from academy to first team in almost 20 years ....

Your usually the first to condemn Argyle for not giving players contracts but again back to my opening question can you name 5 that came through the ranks at Argyle and are now playing at a higher level having been released ?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
TonyD":blc3xo4q said:
Mark as the man with all the facts can you name 5 ex argyle academy players that have been released by the club that are now thriving and earning a living playing at a higher level than Argyle ?

I ask simply because you seem to constantly berate the club for releasing academy players instead of giving them long highly paid contracts

Could I also ask what qualifications / background you have that your obviously a better judge of players we should be giving contracts to as obviously the staff at Argyle don't know a good player capable of stepping up from u18 / reserve team level when they see one

We all know many thousands of youngsters are signed to clubs up and down the country, we also know not many of those thousands go on to become professional footballers playing for the club that developed them at a young age.

For example and I use this example liberally - the millions poured into the premier league and their academy's has only seen approx 30 players going on to play first team football over the last few seasons

Another stat is that only half of 1% of academy players go on to make a living in the game

And one final one - of the 1.5 million youngsters playing at youth team level approx 0.012% (180) will make it as a premier league footballer

Huddersfield who recently scrapped all their youth academies 8-16 yrs due to only 1 player progressing from academy to first team in almost 20 years ....

Your usually the first to condemn Argyle for not giving players contracts but again back to my opening question can you name 5 that came through the ranks at Argyle and are now playing at a higher level having been released ?

Good luck with a reply Tony. I asked exactly the same questions a couple of months back but got no response.