Are we actually getting a PROFILE? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Are we actually getting a PROFILE?

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I was walking the dog in Tavistock this morning when I was aware of a car coming along the road towards us. I particularly noticed it due to two plastic flag holders, one positioned above each of the front windows. With the small flags flapping away as the car got nearer I fully expected to see the cross of St George and I was rather puzzled that we were nowhere near that level of “England” mania, just before they’re dumped out of the Euros or World Cup on penalties at the quarter final stage. To my complete amazement the car whizzed past me and I saw two Argyle flags. I was so shocked that I didn’t have time to respond with a thumbs up or a shout of “Green Army!” (and, to be fair, he was going at a bit of a lick).

Nevertheless, this morning’s revelation has followed hard on the heels of several recent encounters whilst walking the dog and wearing my Argyle beanie hat. Various “neutrals” have asked me how things are going at Home Park, who they are playing next and commenting on forthcoming matches. I even bumped into a guy with his dog the morning after the Wimbledon game and we ended up reliving that match in excited detail. All this is rather surreal. When wearing my Argyle hat in the past I have been much more used to a patronising smirk or a joke at Argyle’s (and my) expense.

I know it has been commented upon that “something special” seems to be happening but there really is a buoyancy and optimism that has been absent for oh, so long. It’s almost tangible. And, yes, I am old enough and ugly enough to appreciate that these things can be so fleeting in the life of an Argyle supporter. A few bad results could return us to mundane reality - but, for the moment, I am going to savour this new found spirit with a broad grin on my face and I will dare to believe. Even my dog has a spring in his step...

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GA84 on a visit to Plymouth today then.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mark58":15kxnkyr said:
I was walking the dog in Tavistock this morning when I was aware of a car coming along the road towards us. I particularly noticed it due to two plastic flag holders, one positioned above each of the front windows. With the small flags flapping away as the car got nearer I fully expected to see the cross of St George and I was rather puzzled that we were nowhere near that level of “England” mania, just before they’re dumped out of the Euros or World Cup on penalties at the quarter final stage. To my complete amazement the car whizzed past me and I saw two Argyle flags. I was so shocked that I didn’t have time to respond with a thumbs up or a shout of “Green Army!” (and, to be fair, he was going at a bit of a lick).

Nevertheless, this morning’s revelation has followed hard on the heels of several recent encounters whilst walking the dog and wearing my Argyle beanie hat. Various “neutrals” have asked me how things are going at Home Park, who they are playing next and commenting on forthcoming matches. I even bumped into a guy with his dog the morning after the Wimbledon game and we ended up reliving that match in excited detail. All this is rather surreal. When wearing my Argyle hat in the past I have been much more used to a patronising smirk or a joke at Argyle’s (and my) expense.

I know it has been commented upon that “something special” seems to be happening but there really is a buoyancy and optimism that has been absent for oh, so long. It’s almost tangible. And, yes, I am old enough and ugly enough to appreciate that these things can be so fleeting in the life of an Argyle supporter. A few bad results could return us to mundane reality - but, for the moment, I am going to savour this new found spirit with a broad grin on my face and I will dare to believe. Even my dog has a spring in his step...
Was it a green estate car?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Mark Pedlar":2demzqci said:

Oh do read the thread Mark...it's TAVISTOCK!!!

:lol:

Feb 8, 2005
Andy_S":3n1ybe0p said:
Mark Pedlar":3n1ybe0p said:

How would you get from North Devon to Plymouth, without going through Tavi, Andy? Not forgotton, have we? :oops:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
jimsing":9mg842ao said:
Andy_S":9mg842ao said:
Mark Pedlar":9mg842ao said:

How would you get from North Devon to Plymouth, without going through Tavi, Andy? Not forgotton, have we? :oops:

:oops: :lol:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Had to be going through Tavistock. No-one in their right mind would go TO Tavistock.

Ah, see what you mean Andy.....

Oct 20, 2015
My Argyle sticker still proudly displayed in the rear window of my car, and has been since I bought the sticker 5 years ago - the green has faded somewhat. Probably time to treat myself to a new one.

The car frequents Tavi on occasion when I get back to see my Mum but I now live in Southam, Warks. Not many GA flags up here!

Regarding our profile... well we'll be getting complimentary comments while we're doing well, I'm sure. But I think our status in L1 has just been overtaken by Wigan, at least for the next few days.

I too am old enough to know this current run of form is fleeting, but I'm hopeful (rather than confident) of my 100-1 bet of finishing in the top 6.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Mark Pedlar":17lu76q6 said:
Had to be going through Tavistock. No-one in their right mind would go TO Tavistock.

GreenArmy1984":17lu76q6 said:
whats wrong with Tavistock ?

:lol: :nworthy: :doh:

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Mark Pedlar":1j4jv3sr said:

I had the misfortune to buy a rust bucket from a card dealer in Tavvy about 15 years ago - must've driven to and from the garage around 10 times to get it fixed and to this day, I still can't go back.