Beam Back (Oxford) Tribute Lounge | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Beam Back (Oxford) Tribute Lounge

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
How did this go yesterday? I know this sold out very quickly, so it must have been deemed a success.

Just wanted to know from anyone who was there, whether anything was mentioned by members of staff about any future games being shown?

I hope you all had a great afternoon, and I expect the atmosphere was good as well.

What about the match coverage? Was it just sound and pics from the ground, or was there any commentary?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
It was a good afternoon with the Tribute and Player's Lounges both packed. It was just the sound from inside the ground with the Green Army in fine voice. Didn't really miss the commentary.
The club can only show the games if they sell out all our away ticket allocation. It's a case of watch this space.

GoS 1

GoS 2

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It was a great afternoon. Pasty and pint went down well. Local Green Army in good voice, particularly at 45+3. Great atmosphere. Sampled one of the hospitality boxes with separate TV. Picture on the big screen was not as clear as the smaller TV’s spread around the rooms. Good to watch with no commentary and main sound was from the travelling Green Army. Impressive as usual.

Would definitely go again.

Jul 14, 2005
Five hour footy fest, five pints of Tribute...great result! Doesn't get much better! (Pasty wasn't bad either).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Always good to have the feedback. We know that the people that arrange these things are avid readers of this site, understandably.

Apr 15, 2016
Yet we still can't get the message to the DJ about the awful blaring music in the moments up to kick off and when we score!

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Wonderful event.

There were a few minor grumbles at the start about lack of chairs but the lovely Emily and team soon sorted it and myself and a couple of friends even had our own box to watch the game in!

Well done all :scarf: :scarf: :thumbs: :clap:

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Why do we have to sell out our away allocation? Wimbledon clearly didn't and had been back last week.. also had beam back when they played mk dons so they dont put money in that teams coffers

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
smudja":1u7nbakw said:
Why do we have to sell out our away allocation? Wimbledon clearly didn't and had been back last week.. also had beam back when they played mk dons so they dont put money in that teams coffers
Good point. They only brought 246 fans down and ,as you say, beamed it back to their bars.

AFC Wimbledon

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Keepitgreen":14a0wuq3 said:
smudja":14a0wuq3 said:
Good point. They only brought 246 fans down and ,as you say, beamed it back to their bars.

AFC Wimbledon

I think I was told if you sell out the allocation you don't have to ask permission from all parties. If you attempt it without that, you have to ask everyone involved.

Apr 30, 2011
No doubt this has already been said but if agreement can be reached to beam back every away game when the new bars are built, that could have a real impact on non match day income. Fag packet maths (so could be way off) - £200k a season income.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Penmaster":2jxxxasc said:
No doubt this has already been said but if agreement can be reached to beam back every away game when the new bars are built, that could have a real impact on non match day income. Fag packet maths (so could be way off) - £200k a season income.

Probably a lot more money than that. It was 250 people on Saturday. I expect a whole lot more would be able to attend when it's all re-developed (new bars etc). Even if it never gets off the ground, the club would be mad not to enquire about this.