Rochdale | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rochdale

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Does their excellent result today do us a favour?

Don't they get to chase shadows at Wembley now just a few days before we visit?

An excellent result for the club financially but an extra fixture to cram into their very busy schedule.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I agree it is probably good for us playing them a few days after their Wembley experience.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
elburtontrev":yu7o1bmb said:
I'm just pleased they relayed the pitch for us...........

Thought Rochdale passed the ball well on the new surface. Keith Hill's team usually play nice football.

Hopefully they'll do lots of chasing at Wembley just couple days before we are at Spotland.

Jul 29, 2010
I didn't consider the Argyle angle, I just thought 'good for them'. Divey Alli buys a penalty with highly unnatural movement in 'falling tactically' and they celebrate the resulting penalty like they'd just won the champions league.

Dale go straight up the other end and bring them back down a peg or two.

Even being informed of the Argyle angle, it doesn't change my thoughts. I still just think good for them :clap:

May 16, 2016
Good to see Gary Lineker asking keith Hill if they'd raised their game for this one. They were complimentary on Rochdales performance but I felt they seemed surprised that a L1 Team had the ability to 'play'.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":1sgvnq7t said:
I didn't consider the Argyle angle, I just thought 'good for them'. Divey Alli buys a penalty with highly unnatural movement in 'falling tactically'

Didn’t you know that you’re ‘entitled to go down’ if touched in the area? :problem:

That one is fairly high on my most hated football phrase top 10.

Dale did fantastically well though, didn’t they? Keith Hill’s celebration was something else.

Aug 5, 2016
Guiri Green":3fzlxh50 said:
Good to see Gary Lineker asking keith Hill if they'd raised their game for this one. They were complimentary on Rochdales performance but I felt they seemed surprised that a L1 Team had the ability to 'play'.

I had the exact same argument with a friend who told me he can't watch the lower leagues because of the terrible standard of football.

I told him to look at the highlights of Graham Carey in the previous two and a half seasons, and to let me know who has scored as many stunning goals from distance in English football in that time.

There's far too much ignorance out there about what the lower leagues are about. Sadly the majority of pundits fall well within that category too. If it's not in the Premier League or Champions League they don't know and probably don't care.

I felt bad for Rochdale, I was really rooting for them to be honest. Their performance clearly surprised Spurs who didn't expect professional footballers with pace, energy and technique to be coming up against them.

Apr 9, 2011
X Isle":skxd2pne said:
I didn't consider the Argyle angle, I just thought 'good for them'. Divey Alli buys a penalty with highly unnatural movement in 'falling tactically' and they celebrate the resulting penalty like they'd just won the champions league.

Dale go straight up the other end and bring them back down a peg or two.

Even being informed of the Argyle angle, it doesn't change my thoughts. I still just think good for them :clap:
well said , thought the same Delli dive & Kane penny to get them out of trouble AGAIN , Rochdale thoroughly deserved the draw

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":3cju3ei4 said:
X Isle":3cju3ei4 said:
I didn't consider the Argyle angle, I just thought 'good for them'. Divey Alli buys a penalty with highly unnatural movement in 'falling tactically'

Didn’t you know that you’re ‘entitled to go down’ if touched in the area? :problem:

Dale did fantastically well though, didn’t they? Keith Hill’s celebration was something else.

Shearer has said exactly that on mod. 'He had every right to go down'. Sets a great example.

Apr 9, 2011
Knibbsworth":13omubgi said:
Guiri Green":13omubgi said:

I had the exact same argument with a friend who told me he can't watch the lower leagues because of the terrible standard of football.

I told him to look at the highlights of Graham Carey in the previous two and a half seasons, and to let me know who has scored as many stunning goals from distance in English football in that time.

There's far too much ignorance out there about what the lower leagues are about. Sadly the majority of pundits fall well within that category too. If it's not in the Premier League or Champions League they don't know and probably don't care.

I felt bad for Rochdale, I was really rooting for them to be honest. Their performance clearly surprised Spurs who didn't expect professional footballers with pace, energy and technique to be coming up against them.
Well said, far to many reporting the game now think football begins & ends in the premiership. bbc are the worst culprits &they don't/cant even show the prem live !

Apr 9, 2011
Balham_Green":hyxrjcds said:
Biggs":hyxrjcds said:
X Isle":hyxrjcds said:

Shearer has said exactly that on mod. 'He had every right to go down'. Sets a great example.
Another one that gets me is " he drew the foul" comment , its like that has become part of the game now, how negative

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
All I can say is well done Rochdale for all the right reasons.
1,This is their cup final that will be talked about down the years as “ I was there” moment for the fans.
2,The players gave everything and deserve the replay just to play at Wembley.
3,The chairman and the board will look at this as the million pound round!
4,The money made from their cup run will put them in good stead just like the Liverpool game did for us.
5,Day out in the big city before reality sets in and it’s back to a Tuesday night in Southend.
6,Can they win at Wembley why not? Take them to extra time sure!Leave everything out there sure!
7,Have nothing left for the next Saturday game :coat: sorry about that.
Don’t we all relish a Game against the big boys in fact in a one off game right now I would fancy us for an upset against higher levels. :whistle:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lev Yashin":1byrd3kp said:
4,The money made from their cup run will put them in good stead just like the Liverpool game did for us.
Relaying their pitch won't have come cheap. Might have spent the majority already.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
On balance, I think I would have preferred to play them just before they played at Wembley rather than after, but in either case, it is a good time to play them.