How about this for a mark up! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

How about this for a mark up!

Feb 23, 2009
Cup of tea at Oxford £1.80 which consists of a tea bag ,hot water ,sachet of milk and sugar if you wanted it. The box of tea bags which must have contained at least 50 tea bags still had the price tag on it £1.59!!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It’s not just the tea bags that you are paying for, there’s utility bills, wages for the person making the tea, rent of the outlet (if the kiosk is outsourced like at Argyle), VAT, corporation tax, etc.

May 16, 2016
Tivvygreen":3kx17itw said:
Cup of tea at Oxford £1.80 which consists of a tea bag ,hot water ,sachet of milk and sugar if you wanted it. The box of tea bags which must have contained at least 50 tea bags still had the price tag on it £1.59!!

Still cheaper than Home Parks' Teabag and hot water combo though !

Sep 18, 2010
Tivvygreen":h8p7lu2z said:

Did they put a gun to your head and make you buy it????

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
Matchday catering is a complete rip off generally
But as Superguy says, you don't have to buy it
ARGYLE Tea £2.20
But I understand Argyle do not profit from the general catering outlets profits

Jul 28, 2017
the_corkscrew":3n8zl4vf said:
They need the money to build a stand and fix their urinals

LOL they were pretty unpleasant after half time as they were filling up rapidly!

Worse urinals I remember were at the old Swansea City ground, just an open air trough and no cubicles either. That was taking the p#ss.

I have just payed £2.10 for a cup of tea on the GWR train back from yesterdays game.

Oct 16, 2016
Devon General":2ysxb5p5 said:
the_corkscrew":2ysxb5p5 said:

LOL they were pretty unpleasant after half time as they were filling up rapidly!

Worse urinals I remember were at the old Swansea City ground, just an open air trough and no cubicles either. That was taking the p#ss.

I have just payed £2.10 for a cup of tea on the GWR train back from yesterdays game.

Urinals at the bottom of the ramp after the lyndhurst turnstiles was difficult to beat. Incidentally that’s where we used to bunk in, utilising a well climbed tree

Jan 3, 2013
Oxford social club.......which was empty! Bottle of Doombar .....£5.90, can of Coke no glass....£2 that's a mark up!

May 16, 2016
Shankster":1a2d1vkb said:
Devon General":1a2d1vkb said:
the_corkscrew":1a2d1vkb said:

Urinals at the bottom of the ramp after the lyndhurst turnstiles was difficult to beat. Incidentally that’s where we used to bunk in, utilising a well climbed tree

I got caught climbing over there. They made me go back and watch the Second half though.

Oct 16, 2016
Guiri Green":3gkorifh said:
Shankster":3gkorifh said:
Devon General":3gkorifh said:
the_corkscrew":3gkorifh said:

I got caught climbing over there. They made me go back and watch the Second half though.

It’s weird, sometimes they’d police the area well and there was no way you were getting over, then they’d catch you and walk you out. We had it off to a tee, we used to rush it and go over mob handed then leg it up the ramp and disappear. Even when I got caught I would eventually get over BUT it became a military op

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Tivvygreen":1s5o2kay said:

Buy a flask.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Shankster":b6qcath7 said:
Guiri Green":b6qcath7 said:
Shankster":b6qcath7 said:
Devon General":b6qcath7 said:
the_corkscrew":b6qcath7 said:

It’s weird, sometimes they’d police the area well and there was no way you were getting over, then they’d catch you and walk you out. We had it off to a tee, we used to rush it and go over mob handed then leg it up the ramp and disappear. Even when I got caught I would eventually get over BUT it became a military op
Once a scally .......

Feb 2, 2007
Kassam owns the stadium and ridiculously gets all revenue from catering, effectively screwing the current owners and club.

Don’t ever buy from that man.