Shrewsbury parking ticket | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Shrewsbury parking ticket

Jun 2, 2015
Anyone park in the toys r us car park last week,paid the £5 for parking and the assistant took my reg yet I still got a fine,any one else in the same boat?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
LooseleighGreen":3r5v9fi3 said:
Anyone park in the toys r us car park last week,paid the £5 for parking and the assistant took my reg yet I still got a fine,any one else in the same boat?
Is that the one that has a sign that says customer parking only ?

Jun 2, 2015
It was one the Recommended places to park which was put on by the argyle twitter page,plus there was a attendant with a clipboard taking money and registrations

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
LooseleighGreen":3odk53yb said:
This might help you:

Money Saving Expert

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Trouble is that people don't realise that the ground floor is for customers and all other levels are for general parking. I appreciate that the store is now closed so shouldn't make any difference. You'll
Probably find the person collecting the money is some switched on jack the lad collecting payment then disappearing when the parking attendant shows up.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
LooseleighGreen":18esd9qh said:
This was in Shrewsbury not Plymouth
Oop's sorry missed that. still probably true about the jack the lad he's now sunning himself in tenerife

NigeriaGreen

🇳🇬 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 16, 2006
Nigeria & PL4
There is currently a thread about this on the ShrewsburyTown FC Facebook page where they specifically mention this problem on the day we played them. They state it is a regular occurrence and their advice is to ring up the store and they will cancel the fine

May 4, 2015
Just ignore it. It can't be enforced. They are invoicing the "owner" of the car.

if you make contact, its the worse thing to do

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Jose446":311uxm6d said:
Just ignore it. It can't be enforced. They are invoicing the "owner" of the car.

if you make contact, its the worse thing to do

Agree with this. It can't be enforced because it's private property, so just ignore it.

Jul 29, 2010
You took advice on where to park from t'internet... and you got a parking ticket.

Hmmm :think:

Once bitten twice shy 'n'all I would therefore be very wary of taking advice from t'internet as to how to subsequently deal with it ^^^^

I would visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau for free and trustworthy legal advice.

D

Darren Stoneman

The parking charge notices are a legal collectible debt that is covered by contract law, the companies have 6 years to chase you for payment and the fines will escalate very quickly, my advice however is to seek advice,appeal or pay, ignoring it will not make it disappear !!!

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Darren Stoneman":2chtfuwz said:
The parking charge notices are a legal collectible debt that is covered by contract law, the companies have 6 years to chase you for payment and the fines will escalate very quickly, my advice however is to seek advice,appeal or pay, ignoring it will not make it disappear !!!

This.

Ignore a fine and the potential cost merely escalates. Take action to challenge it before you get a letter for increased costs.

S

StaffordBantam

The action to take (or not take) will depend on the parking company managing the car park. Take the wrong action or inaction and you could well make things worse.

I suggest anyone who gets a ticket like this heads over to http://www.pepipoo.com/ where they will get the appropriate advice, relevant to their situation.