Argyle V Oxford match thread and predictions | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle V Oxford match thread and predictions

Sep 13, 2003
We should win this comfortably. Oxford have no manager, poor form and Argyle are unstoppable at the moment.

2-0 Oxford then.

Feb 2, 2007
Oxford have been inconsistent and relatively poor form at home but they have some good players, especially Ledson, who they turned down Ā£1M plus from PNE, and Rothwell in CM. Struggling for CF at the moment with fitness impacting Obika and Thomas and not much back up. Fair to say missing injured Rob Hall and Curtis and Brannigan, a recent signing from Liverpool has been injured since signing. Josh Payne also went to Blackburn in the window, having been on loan from Huddersfield. Eastwood is a decent goalie for this level. Pep Clotet May have been sacked but they have kept the entire management infrastructure below so there is stability of sorts, but the speculation about manager job canā€™t be helping. Pep also bought in a few duffers including Xemi, Mehmeti and Van Kessel (quite big money) who have struggled.

As with many matches first goal may make a big difference, such is Oxfords fragile confidence, we have seen Argyle go a goal down and win recently, but if Oxford get it, the team and crowd will be galvanised. Having said that they have lost from winning positions at home to Bury and Bristol Rovers recently so you never know even if that happens.

Expect Ryan Taylor to dominate the centre backs and Argyle to score. It should be an open game. Argyle have a poor record against Oxford in recent years with the stand out result being a narrow win there a couple of years ago 3-2 when Reuben got 2 and Lavery the other.

Iā€™m going, based on everything, for a 3-2 Argyle win. Carey, Taylor and Bradley.

Ray Stidwell

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
( For what itā€™s worth) my Gas friend who was there last week said Oxford offered nothing, (& indeed felt very comfortable even after the early doors gift goal)..
...and although ( as we all know) ā€œ footballā€™s a funny old game!ā€ He said we were a banker win... ; Iā€™ll know by 5pm whether to tell him to keep his gob shut in the future!
(Meanwhile, I didnā€™t make such promises for him at the Cherry Red Records Stadium!)...& indeed, after Tuesdayā€™s ā€œFun of the Fairā€ fear that Wombles May ā€œ bounce backā€ especially The Pantomime Villain Lyle Taylor.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Tough game. Can see us scoring, but it's whether we can shut out an Oxford side who have been struggling and inconsistent. Knowing our luck they'll turn it on, as Wimbledon threatened to on Tuesday. The game will be won in midfield, so if we stay composed and TLC (Taylor, Lameiras, Carey) click again, then we're in business. 2-1 us.

lien60

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
As long as we win thatā€™s all that matters to me. All ready on the train from Plymouth and plenty of supporters on the 0750

Oct 16, 2016
Keep thinking there has to be a lapse and although the defence is ropey at times (albeit Varney has been superb) argyle always look to have a goal or two in them at present

1-2

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Banana skin of a game for me, this one. Heart says 1-1, head says single goal loss - would be over the moon to be proved wrong of course. :think:

N

newquaygreen

My brother who is an Oxford season ticket holder who is going today tells me that they are in crisis really. He expect Oxford to get beaten.
Word on their forum is Craig Bellamy is favourite to become their next manager

Jul 29, 2010
newquaygreen":1cqc957q said:
My brother who is an Oxford season ticket holder who is going today tells me that they are in crisis really. He expect Oxford to get beaten.
Word on their forum is Craig Bellamy is favourite to become their next manager
Ouch, they really are in crisis then.

Big old banana skin this one for the same reason as always, expectation, we are expected to win it. But Wimbledon was a banana skin and we came through that, so maybe this side is above the typical Argo curse now.

As omens go I have a bad one. Can't make it today so I'm getting my football fix locally at Worthing FC. The local rag is reporting the team from their best FA cup run in '82 will be in attendance... it culminated in a 4-0 defeat at Oxford :sad:

Dec 2, 2010
How about another omen...34th league game. 34 years ago. 5th round of the Cup, Argyle won 1-0 at WBA (anniversary tomorrow)