Leaving early | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Leaving early

Sep 25, 2010
I know, this is an age old subject, but it is so annoying and frustrating, when people leave early, up to 10 mins before the end. They push pass you in the row, get in your view. Absolutely pains in the a**e.

I just do not get it, would you leave a play or a film 10 mins from the end.

Don't give me the usual crap about, avoiding the traffic, or got to catch a bus, just do not understand it.

Rant over

Aug 5, 2016
Thing is they don't leave, they stand in the concourse below for 5-10 mins watching the added time.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Yes this topic has been done to death over the years, however the fact remains that people can leave whenever they want . Yes they do obstruct the view of others and that will never change either.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Sitting in the Mayflower seating (bottom of grandstand) the only way out for anyone is to walk along the front of the seats. For the last 10 minutes or so I'm moving my head around to see past these people (who incidentally make no attempt to not block my view). If something happens they just stop and turn, still blocking everyone's view, but that's fine because they can see ok.

Many times I've had to shout at someone to get out of the way. I appreciate some people like/need to leave early, but they have to think about everyone else they're affecting. Not helpful when some of those sitting around me are disabled and can't easily move around.

I may be revealing myself as a real oddity here, but if we are 3-0 up with five minutes to go I will be one of the last to leave, savouring the whole thing, applauding the team etc.

However if we are only one goal to the good, or drawing away, and the opposition is pounding us, i can’t just sit there, the tension is so great I have to do something physical, like move to a spare seat lower down to see out the match.

You’d think after 35 years supporting Argyle this condition would improve, but i’m afraid each year it gets worse. I do really try not to inconvenience others though.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
You will notice the fans leaving early, are mostly sat at the back of the stand in the Lyndhurst. They watch the end of the match from the concourse or bottom seats. If you wait until the final whistle, it can take 10 to 15 minutes to just get down the steps. If ever there was an emergency, God knows what would happen.

Jul 10, 2011
plymouthboyuk":2rgbug0v said:
You will notice the fans leaving early, are mostly sat at the back of the stand in the Lyndhurst. They watch the end of the match from the concourse or bottom seats. If you wait until the final whistle, it can take 10 to 15 minutes to just get down the steps. If ever there was an emergency, God knows what would happen.
I sit near the top of the Lyndy and agree the exit times are too long and those who smirk at catching a bus must realise for some of us ,missing the bus could be inconvenient to the point of dangerous wandering around in the mix of cars and pedestrians,with no back-up plan. For this reason I almost decided not to attend Wimbledon match but pleased that I took a chance on the leaving battle and will have to consider each game as it comes. I hope the club can offer a solution.

Feb 28, 2016
Martyn":2lb8kaf1 said:
But I can't understand why they leave early

First opportunity in a couple of hours to smoke as your not allowed out at HT. (Look at the percentage of people who actually LEAVE the ground early, as opposed to hang around the concourses, most are sparking up from my observation.)

Sep 6, 2006
They could at least show consideration by waiting for a gap in the action e.g a substitution but that is beyond most.

May 16, 2016
From the back of the Lyndhurst at the final whistle to driving my car that was parked in St Levans Road in under 20 minutes isn't exactly like commuting in London.

I've walked past the buses everyone rushed for as the were still parked outside the Ground. Never understood early leaving, especially when the games on a knife edge or we're a few minutes from a significant win.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":1ojz83y4 said:
Martyn":1ojz83y4 said:
But I can't understand why they leave early

First opportunity in a couple of hours to smoke as your not allowed out at HT. (Look at the percentage of people who actually LEAVE the ground early, as opposed to hang around the concourses, most are sparking up from my observation.)
Seriously?? Can't wait ten more minutes for a fag??

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The first train after the game is about 1720 ish. If you sit at the back of the lyndhurst and it takes 10 minutes to get out it can be a

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The first train after the game is about 1720 ish. If you sit at the back of the lyndhurst and it takes 10 minutes to get out it can be a quick sprint to the train station, which some might not be up to.

The next train isn't until gone 6pm heading north. This might have something to do with it.

And like others have said, its not a prison.