Grandstand Heebee-Jeebies | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grandstand Heebee-Jeebies

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
After many years in the Lyndhurst and Devonport I recently did a match up in the Grandstand just to sit in the “old lady” before she goes forever. I am no Derek Acora, but one area behind the stand made me feel a tad ‘uncomfortable’ for no explicable reason, and another area made me feel ‘strongly uncomfortable’ as if there was a strong spiritual presence up there (with dark undertones). Has anyone else ever felt the Heebee-Jeebies up behind the stand in the Grandstand, or is it just me? Just asking out of interest, nothing serious.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
4evergreen":2llpi8aj said:
I've been sitting there for 30 years or more and never noticed anything so perhaps I'm the sinister presence. :twisted:

Try popping home after the final whistle. 30 years of sitting isn't good for you :)

Sep 25, 2010
pearces greens":3i4eih78 said:
yes the b####y toilets !!

Sat up there for the youth FA game versus AFC Wimbledon, you can smell the awful toilets, from the seats, and the seats are actually so painful, and no legroom.

Thank god it is being changed, which has upset my brother in law, who loves the grandstand. And dislikes the Lyndhurst

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Southampton Green":ymb0xspm said:
After many years in the Lyndhurst and Devonport I recently did a match up in the Grandstand just to sit in the “old lady” before she goes forever. I am no Derek Acora, but one area behind the stand made me feel a tad ‘uncomfortable’ for no explicable reason, and another area made me feel ‘strongly uncomfortable’ as if there was a strong spiritual presence up there (with dark undertones). Has anyone else ever felt the Heebee-Jeebies up behind the stand in the Grandstand, or is it just me? Just asking out of interest, nothing serious.

Are you for real ?

The only spiritual presence comes from the numerous hip - flasks .

Aug 5, 2016
The only uncomfortable experience I've had up there is sitting on the wooden seats for 90 minutes.

May 22, 2006
4evergreen":3u78mlno said:

Did somebody just whisper something? Why's the temperature suddenly dropped?

Oh hang on, my dog's started barking for no reason, be right back....

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
khennes_904":34h4ae9b said:
Southampton Green":34h4ae9b said:

Are you for real ?

The only spiritual presence comes from the numerous hip - flasks .

Sorry if i’ve offended you or anyone who might think/know that spirituality is madness; I was just lightheartedly interested to see if anyone else felt the presence of something spiritually malign up there as the feeling felt real to me and otherwise my life is somewhat sane. It’s just that if more than one person not known to each other independently feel the same unexplained thing in the exact same spot it makes it more interesting. Sorry if the scope of the topic is too wobbly for the forum; anyone who thinks it’s total bunkum is probably right. And yes, the toilets were one of the places, although I am not sure if the reply about the toilets was just referring to how grotty they are. :D

Sep 25, 2010
davie nine":3pilrgsc said:
Best view in the house.

Never understood people preferring Lyndhurst, especially if it's a sunny afternoon.

Maybe a good view, but the experience is so uncomfortable and smelly, by the way, the view from the Lyndhurst is not bad either.

Apr 26, 2016
Sat up there once drove me crazy bloody stanchion always in the way. are these being removed and are the upper tier wooden seats being replaced.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
Southampton Green":l2a7awa8 said:

pearces greens":l2a7awa8 said:
yes the b####y toilets !!

I don't think you should have confessed to that one.... (feeling heebee-jeebies in the toilet... ohh err) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jan 6, 2004
I don't think the pillars are going as they will continue to hold up the roof. Seating is being replaced.