Games that get stuck in your head | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Games that get stuck in your head

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
I’m now 24 hours and 257 miles away from that Wimbledon game and it is still stuck in my head with the same anxiety flowing through my body despite the game being over.

I can see the following in my head now as clear as day.... the Chuckle brother defending from Sawyer and Bradley, the relief at the flag (wrongly?) going up for Wimbledon’s 3-3 equaliser, Lyle Taylor stood in front of me being a d!ck (bringing back Wembley frustations I thought I had deleted) etc

What other games have done this to Argyle fans over the years???

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Tony_Flags":3n51mo04 said:
I’m now 24 hours and 257 miles away from that Wimbledon game and it is still stuck in my head with the same anxiety flowing through my body despite the game being over.

I can see the following in my head now as clear as day.... the Chuckle brother defending from Sawyer and Bradley, the relief at the flag (wrongly?) going up for Wimbledon’s 3-3 equaliser, Lyle Taylor stood in front of me being a d!ck (bringing back Wembley frustations I thought I had deleted) etc

There have been many, many glorious, exciting and memorable matches i've attended over the years, but I can't remember a game being so 'totally bonkers' as last night's. I'd love to know if it was someone's first ever game at Home Park.

May 18, 2011
The Pompey cup game from 10 years ago we played great on the day and shouldn’t have lost, james made a series of good saves halmosi gave glen Johnson the run around all match and then that Distin handball!! I believe we were the only team to score in Pompey’s run to to FA cup glory that season

Oct 19, 2013
I went with a group for which it was the first match for 6 of them. Might have overdone the 'It isn't always like this' a little.....

It was a cracker wasn't it, just needed a red for Lyle Taylor, it had everything else!

It seems to have confused the sky highlight people too, I think, as think they are showing the disallowed third goal but not the second. Maybe Sonny and Matthews have dropped them a tenner.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tony_Flags":37wu3kz5 said:

Just for you Tony:

38459599640_832bb4b121.jpg

May 22, 2006
Home Vs Stoke 2004. 0-0, Injury time, Coughlan heads in, players celebrate, music starts playing, everyone goes back for kick-off.

THEN the referee decides to disallow it. To this day I have no idea why.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Reading 4 Argyle 3 1985 Speechless
Burnley 0 Argyle 0 1st leg play offs “We only need 10 men”
Rochdale away to win promotion and then again to avoid relegation.
Last night had everything aided by a pantomime villain and Argyles attack being on fire, guaranteed to get the punters coming back for more.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
GreenArmy1984":3ep1u3dk said:
Argyle vs Pompey game Semi Final play off game at Home Park May 2016

I will never forget Hartley scoring at the Devonport end in added time

Home Park was rocking !!!!

I still have that game saved on my Sky box and watch the last 10 minutes every now and again, what a game!

For me, the last 20 minutes of the Wycome game the season before is similar, I know ultimately we lost the game and the tie, but the crowd singing 'Three Little Birds' seemed special.

I also can't shake the disbelief of watching the Notts County game midweek last season and thinking 'oh my god we're going to throw this away'.

Jan 20, 2004
Away to Rochdale 2002 tues night 3-1 to clinch promotion couple of weeks later 2-0 at Carlisle to retake top spot from Luton then 4-1 the following tues at Darlo to clinch the title with 102 points. A lot miles and a lot of beer.