Jake Jervis signs for Luton - confirmed

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That's bad news, we'd also need to sign two players to replace him - a wide player and a striker.

Since Adams brought in Lameiras and changed formation Jervis has been a bit part player so a move back to the Midlands and regular first team football might suit him.
Jervis was missing from the reserve game on Tuesday after playing on Friday.

A big loss for us if it happens.

Birmingham Mail

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Can't sniff at £100k though. A good price for someone out of contract in the summer.

Jul 29, 2010
monkeywrench":1r0zum9k said:
Can't sniff at £100k though. A good price for someone out of contract in the summer.
And sadly if all the other pieces of the jigsaw come together it is that logic that will win out. I really like Jake, I wouldn't want to lose him. But if he isn't content to sit on the bench and take his opportunities then he'll walk away in the summer for nothing.

I am sure Derek would want to keep him too, he provides excellent options and has a score/assist rate second only to GC10. But a pragmatic look at the situation in the round tells you this could well happen.

Feb 17, 2017
monkeywrench":3jvjryrv said:

Completely agree, also worth considering does he feature in adams plans for next season and potentially looking towards the playoffs, unfortunately not all of the players that helped us out of league two will be up to the level required to move up the league. I do personally like jervis though and wish him the best if he does move on, he needs to think about his own career as much as adams is thinking about the future and whats required at this level.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
For me it's about strength in depth. We lose a large piece of that if we lose Jervis as he can cover two positions when required.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Mmm first thing that went through my mind was - id take that.

He's not getting a look in, out of contract in the summer and £100,000 is not to be sniffed at in this situation.

That said only if we get a replacement.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Free transfer and sell on for £100k ... not bad business for Argyle!

Would be a shame to see him go but if its in the best interest of all parties then we shouldn't turn down the cash. Be nice to see our players having resale value again after what seems like years of people just running down contracts or signing elsewhere for free.

Ainsworth, Lameiras, Grant, Carey still available as wide players so we have depth. Would assume the replacement we are after is more a striker than a winger?