Votes: 208 79.7%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Undecided until seen in flesh

Votes: 26 10.0%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
At the risk of getting a certain North Devon poster all excited (!), just wondering if there are any hints/whispers yet on next season's kit design/supplier/shade of green etc? Will this be going to supporter consultation this year or is it likely to be purely a Board decision again? Just perusing the web and really liked the look of this one for LA galaxy (even though its not a Puma design) - how smart would that look with a broad green and two black stripes (a la 60's)! Even Ginster's logo could happily be accommodated. :thumbup:
http://footballshirtculture.com/17/18-K ... e-kit.html

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think the Board have anything to do with picking the strip. Martyn Starnes runs PAFC, and his team would pick the strip as they often do.

They may show the board and ask them to approve it, but that would be the level of board involvement I'd imagine.

As for that LA strip, no thanks.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
No thanks. It would make us look like contestants in a beauty contest.

N

NorfolkGreen

I quite like it, but then one of my favourite strips was Peru in ‘78

Feb 28, 2016
Makes them look like a pack of Regal’s, would make us look look like a pack of menthol Regal’s if we had it in green. I did like Man City’s Embassy pack look away kit though.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Emeraldinho":130imtu0 said:
At the risk of getting a certain North Devon poster all excited (!), just wondering if there are any hints/whispers yet on next season's kit design/supplier/shade of green etc? Will this be going to supporter consultation this year or is it likely to be purely a Board decision again? Just perusing the web and really liked the look of this one for LA galaxy (even though its not a Puma design) - how smart would that look with a broad green and two black stripes (a la 60's)! Even Ginster's logo could happily be accommodated. :thumbup:

Who can that be ?

And that's a horrible shirt

Argyle Play in Green & White with Black Trim

Jul 29, 2010
GreenArmy1984":3psg0yql said:
Emeraldinho":3psg0yql said:

Who can that be ?

And that's a horrible shirt

Argyle Play in Green & White with Black Trim
What odds though if Argyle release that design that you burst into...

#sashes are back :thumbs:

N

NorfolkGreen

MarkMatthews":ogzshyx1 said:
Makes them look like a pack of Regal’s, would make us look look like a pack of menthol Regal’s if we had it in green. I did like Man City’s Embassy pack look away kit though.

Have you thought about quitting?

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
https://www.cufcretail.com/cgi-bin/live ... d=MAC-0090

No idea how to do the upload photo things so apologies if the link isn't allowed. Saw Colchester wearing this and my first thought was about how nice a kit it is, personally I prefer it to our current away strip anyway. I see the mock ups posted by users and always think how nice they look, then end up massively disappointed when our actual shirts are released.

Jul 29, 2010
It's quite dull design wise for me that one Sy.

However, if Argyle unveil a mint green away kit I'll claim a fee*. That was my idea to keep the 'kin rainbow nation colours off our shirts, rotate white/lime/mint as away kits so wherever Argyle play it is in green, white and black.

*I am cheap btw Mr. Starnes, couple of pints and a bag of hog lumps and we're good :thumbup:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
X Isle":24pv8g6t said:
It's quite dull design wise for me that one Sy.

However, if Argyle unveil a mint green away kit I'll claim a fee*. That was my idea to keep the 'kin rainbow nation colours off our shirts, rotate white/lime/mint as away kits so wherever Argyle play it is in green, white and black.

*I am cheap btw Mr. Starnes, couple of pints and a bag of hog lumps and we're good :thumbup:

Long time X Isle, hope you are well mate. I have to be honest, I find our current away kit incredibly garish and have done since it first came out, I can understand why you and others might think the CUFC is quite dull, I quite like it though. I am with you on the white/lime/mint colours, but then I also loved some of the yellow/green/black kits we have had in the past, the One we wore at Dorking in the FA cup sticks on in the memory for me, that was a kit I really liked.

I do hope we won't have any more of the purple or tangagreen kits personally, just not Argyle for me, even though the tangagreen was in homage to Luggy.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argyle-sy":2kxtvqxq said:
https://www.cufcretail.com/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_cufc&state=item&dept_id=02&sub_dept_id=04&product_id=MAC-0090

No idea how to do the upload photo things so apologies if the link isn't allowed. Saw Colchester wearing this and my first thought was about how nice a kit it is, personally I prefer it to our current away strip anyway. I see the mock ups posted by users and always think how nice they look, then end up massively disappointed when our actual shirts are released.

Hmmm... I think our away kit is much better. And if anyone else thinks the Puma badge is too prevalent on our shirts, try Macron’s little man logo on every inch of the kit.

I would absolutely love Umbro as our supplier. Clean, retro-oriented shirts with a historic British football company.

Feb 28, 2016
Biggs":hf6jpkhw said:
Argyle-sy":hf6jpkhw said:
https://www.cufcretail.com/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_cufc&state=item&dept_id=02&sub_dept_id=04&product_id=MAC-0090

Hmmm... I think our away kit is much better. And if anyone else thinks the Puma badge is too prevalent on our shirts, try Macron’s little man logo on every inch of the kit.

I would absolutely love Umbro as our supplier. Clean, retro-oriented shirts with a historic British football company.

Owned buy an American company now though aren’t they? Almost certain that their factories are no longer British either? I’m pretty sure our last shirts to be made in Britain was our TFG early/mid 00s ones. No coincidence, (iron on Ginsters logo aside) they were better made shirts. Thicker material, sown on crest.

No idea if TFG are still going or still manufacture in the UK but that sort of campany is what we need to find!