Argyle - A Caring Club | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle - A Caring Club

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
For all his critics, I think since James Brent has come on board there has just been an ethos of Argyle being much more of a family orientated club. From the family area, to the way that the whole club has pulled together since Edwards’ diagnosis. We should all, in my opinion, be very proud of the special club we are all a part of.

This is summed up succinctly from our manager, Derek Adams:

“He (Edwards) was at the game today. You could see that the fans are going to support him. The players 100% will support him. I had to tell them on Thursday. It wasn’t an easy time for anybody, but we’re there for him and he’ll get the best possible medical help here as well.

“This is a very caring football club, and it’s a football club that support their people. We’ve seen that today. We’ve seen that by the turnout and the support towards Ryan. That’s why I look at any player coming to this football club, and any player that thinks that they might want to move on from this football club; they should maybe have a wee think again.

“We’ve got a fantastic support. I stood there on the touchline today thinking: ‘why would any player want to move to somewhere where there’s only 3,000 or 4,000 people at a game?’ The only reason for that is money.”

Perhaps a little dig at Toums there too.

Love the Green Army!!

Apr 5, 2016
Everything there is all good points and also, we are a little tinted over our club, we all sometimes wonder why anyone would want to leave us when we have a nice support and there is improvements happening on the stand imminently. possibly a dig at toums, possibly this has been said to let us, the fans know, that any players that do move in the near future, are leaving solely for more money. which will always happen. but, it shows that we are a good club. honest club. I am proud to support Argyle, i'm proud of how, in a dark time for one of our players, we support him unconditionally.

May 8, 2011
The comments by Adams about a caring Club do echo the comments made by Ryan Edwards on his twitter account yesterday.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I was looking at DA’s comments and thinking that implication about money also applies to managers. Obviously, he wouldn’t want to leave us for Fleetwood but I guess that, if he got an offer from a bigger, wealthier club, he may leave.

Personally, I hope not but some would not be disappointed, I suppose.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
I think Adams has done very well over the last few months, players are back from injury , the next 2 months will show how good we are in this league.
I trust in our manager , I think James Brent is our saviour and will give us a sound financial future, he isn't a sugar daddy, I respect that as with out him we would be doing something very different on a Saturday afternoon.