Wigan fans verdict on Argyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wigan fans verdict on Argyle

P

pilgrim errant

A huge number of Wigan fans boarded my bus to city centre after the game so I reacted by shouting loudly, “You lot have just bushwhacked my team and now you are hijacking my bus.”
I got an equally loud response from them all agreeing that they had been lucky and Argyle were the better team and more than that Argyle were the best team that had they had played all season. Remember these are loyal home and away fans travelling hundreds of miles to support their team. This may be the reason that they seemed low key as they watched Argyle take the upper hand for most of the game.
I felt that this was the best that I had seen Argyle play this season and we should all take heart that in this form they will establish themselves in this league and make further progress in the future.

Oct 31, 2015
grove vale":351ptiha said:
A huge number of Wigan fans boarded my bus to city centre after the game so I reacted by shouting loudly, “You lot have just bushwhacked my team and now you are hijacking my bus.”
I got an equally loud response from them all agreeing that they had been lucky and Argyle were the better team and more than that Argyle were the best team that had they had played all season. Remember these are loyal home and away fans travelling hundreds of miles to support their team. This may be the reason that they seemed low key as they watched Argyle take the upper hand for most of the game.
I felt that this was the best that I had seen Argyle play this season and we should all take heart that in this form they will establish themselves in this league and make further progress in the future.
Well thats nice to hear after the Autumn where opposition fans were saying we were by far the worse team they had seen. I actually thought we were stunning at times yesterday but they were really quick at attacking and looked v dangerous on the attack.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wigan were defensively solid, dangerous on the break & well versed in the dark arts, easy to see why they'll be the run-away champions. As well as we played, and even though we mostly controlled the tempo, there was a gulf in the individual class of players.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
"A huge number of Wigan fans" - Not a phrase you often see.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I must admit it, I prefer it when we win and the opposition are complaining they’ve been robbed.

Still good to hear, but opposing supporters are always more affable when they’ve won.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Easy to be nice when you have the 3 pts in the bag ! Bet they were laughing their heads off inside though.

For all our possession we never looked like scoring in open play. Did their keeper have a save to make ?

Wigan didn't play their best and still won at a canter and that's why they are at the top of the league and we are still perilously close to the relegation zone.

Massive game against Oldham now where we simply need the 3 pts as I can see us getting the same as the wigan against Bradford and Shrewsbury. Be lucky with 3 pts from the 4 games IMHO and anything less will drag us right down in the mire again even if we are playing better

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
samjones":eeb0ys2u said:
Easy to be nice when you have the 3 pts in the bag ! Bet they were laughing their heads off inside though.

For all our possession we never looked like scoring in open play. Did their keeper have a save to make ?

Wigan didn't play their best and still won at a canter and that's why they are at the top of the league and we are still perilously close to the relegation zone.

Massive game against Oldham now where we simply need the 3 pts as I can see us getting the same as the wigan against Bradford and Shrewsbury. Be lucky with 3 pts from the 4 games IMHO and anything less will drag us right down in the mire again even if we are playing better

Sam, given the past history of a spat between the 2 managers, I do not think that Cook would throw around compliments easily. I am surprised you think differently.

Feb 17, 2017
samjones":1ykjjlm5 said:

Both the Wigan fans and manager tend to agree we played very well and deserved atleast a point, they may not have been playing their best but for large parts of the match we were the better side, not just my opinion.
I do find it quite amusing though that they think we cheated on a premier league scale and felt the ref was massively against them, I would argue that is definitely pot kettle! It is much easier to be complimentary when you have 3 points the bag though.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
samjones":175s7xv8 said:

Give over.... we’re as “perilously close to the relegation zone” as we are to 9th.

I have never been less disappointed after a home defeat as I was after this one, if that makes sense. We competed easily against the league leaders in all areas of the pitch, except the final 12 yards (which, granted, is the most important bit).

We no longer roll over and give up. Confident for the future now.