Is there anyone with a poorer shot than Foxy ??. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Is there anyone with a poorer shot than Foxy ??.

Sep 17, 2017
Look I know Foxy is a steady reliable 7/10 player but he does have negative points mostly,

He has the worst shot from distance (edge of the box) I have ever seen!!!!

It bemuses me how a pro can have such a poor shot, at any level,

Especially from corners, it such a weapon to have holding midfielder in that position where if the ball is poorly cleared or played back ‘wallop, ala Wotton but with Foxy I’m worried about the cars in the car park or the corner flags, useless.

Once we’ve sorted that we can work on his dead ball delivery then crossing,

But as I said at the start always 7/10.

I’m fed up with the same players getting all the criticism !!!!!

Oct 31, 2015
Sarcevic mate. Couldnt hit a barn door from 2 yards. Come to think of it Ness as well and Yan. Most of our midfield really :)

We need another Toums

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
It is pretty poor but that's (the things you stated) why he's playing at this level I reckon. Awesome at what he does good tho

Sep 17, 2017
rsp4":2ewgh29s said:
Sarcevic mate. Couldnt hit a barn door from 2 yards

We need another Toums

But heed be closer to the hinges than Foxy !!!!!

Can I have tomorrow off ??

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
PilgrimZ1R":3uebhvx2 said:
Look I know Foxy is a steady reliable 7/10 player but he does have negative points mostly,

Especially from corners, it such a weapon to have holding midfielder in that position where if the ball is poorly cleared or played back ‘wallop, ala Wotton but with Foxy I’m worried about the cars in the car park or the corner flags, useless.

Yep everyone round us says it every week - shame because he hits a magical pass

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'll let him off having a crap shot because he's head and shoulders above everyone else at most everything else.

Jan 8, 2006
We are so lucky to have Foxy in our defensive midfield. He is a class player who does everything and more for the team. I do think this post takes focus away from what is really wrong with the team. We desperately need a central midfield player and an attacking one. I am afraid to say S and N are not up to the job. They are squad players at best. If this is not sorted we will slip down the table and face the trap door again. Please leave Foxy alone to get on what he does best and is his job, to defend and provide the quality balls to the midfield.

Oct 14, 2015
Foxy would be a massive loss to us if he was to get injured..he may not be able to shoot but his calmness, experience and positional sense more than makes up for it. Highly underrated by some but hugely influential on how we play..

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
rsp4":1m8c8ou5 said:
Sarcevic mate. Couldnt hit a barn door from 2 yards. Come to think of it Ness as well and Yan. Most of our midfield really :)

We need another Toums

Exactly what I thought. In comparison to Sarcevic though Fox is magical. Sarcevic never gets a clean strike and the ball constantly gets caught under his two left feet. I do wonder if he has pit his boots on the right feet at time, maybe he needs someone to write left and right on them or put them on for him and do up his laces

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
We need to be bolstering central midfield, but I hope we're already looking ahead to replacing Fox in the summer. With his age and family being up north, there's a good chance he isn't signing a new deal and he's integral to us doing anything remotely good in possession.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PilgrimZ1R":1d6mz876 said:

Really? :twisted:

Apr 1, 2009
In truth, apart from the obvious exception of Mr Carey, who has got a decent shot? I'm struggling to think of anyone.

The lack of goals throughout the squad is a worry. I get the point that "Adams type strikers" fulfil a role that is more than about scoring goals, but if your striker isn't contributing many then several others have to. Take away Carey, and who scores more than the occasional goal? Toums was chipping in, but has gone. Edwards contributed, but it's probably not realistic to expect the smaller and less physical Vyner to get many. Grant has lost his place to Lameiras, a better player, yet a less frequent scorer. Sarcevic should get more, and Lameiras needs to as well. Fox and Ness are never going to provide more than a very occasional strike. Bradley will always get a few, but we have very few who you would back for even 5 goals a season. The only other squad member with a respectable goals per game ratio (Jervis) has disappeared, and the other one with potential to score regularly (Fletcher) is out on loan.

Whilst the team has undoubtedly improved greatly, we have oddly lost a few of our "back-up" scorers to a variety of circumstances. We would be very exposed should Carey, who also plays a part in creating many of the goals that others do score, suffer a long term injury.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Sarcevic is frustrating, I actually felt that in general he played really well yesterday, he creates things for his team mates and he creates things for himself, but he can just never seem to pull the trigger.