🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
7,494 of which 631 were the Green Army.

Feb 2, 2007
Included season ticket holders and hospitality as all clubs inc Argyle do nowadays, one day no one will turn up to a match but it will still say 5000. I predict MK Dons.

Jan 6, 2004
Appreciate that PASTIE but this is the biggest discrepancy I have seen to be honest 5000 is being pretty generous - most of the ground was empty

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Flash":1gsk30tl said:
Not a chance - the ground was nothing like half full - there were 5000 there absolute top

I don't get your point. They're not gonna say they sold that many tickets if they haven't had the money for them. What would be the point of that?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":2wncgmxm said:
Green_Flash":2wncgmxm said:
Not a chance - the ground was nothing like half full - there were 5000 there absolute top

I don't get your point. They're not gonna say they sold that many tickets if they haven't had the money for them. What would be the point of that?

The point could be that overinflating your attendance therefore football income can improve your spending power according to the FFP rules. If you had a sugar daddy willing to stump up for 2 or 3000 tickets per home game it could add almost £1.5m to your receipts pa.. If this sugar daddy wanted to invest another £1m to the managers spend for arguments sake.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
That's an interesting theory but where it falls down is..... Fergie HASN'T been given an extra million quid to budget with :lol:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
On the subject of attendances, a figure should be given which shows how many people actually walked through the turnstiles.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":29rj7e5q said:
Lundan Cabbie":29rj7e5q said:
Green_Flash":29rj7e5q said:

The point could be that overinflating your attendance therefore football income can improve your spending power according to the FFP rules. If you had a sugar daddy willing to stump up for 2 or 3000 tickets per home game it could add almost £1.5m to your receipts pa.. If this sugar daddy wanted to invest another £1m to the managers spend for arguments sake.

Why would you over state the attendance as you have to pay 20% of the gate receipts to the HMRC as VAT.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emu":mj3ei2j1 said:
On the subject of attendances, a figure should be given which shows how many people actually walked through the turnstiles.

Why? It would only embarrass the club if it differed greatly from the number of tickets issued/sold.

Apr 3, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":1t5j0b61 said:
Emu":1t5j0b61 said:

Why? It would only embarrass the club if it differed greatly from the number of tickets issued/sold.

Because isn’t that the point of announcing an attendance? So people can see how many people attended a game. I know a lot of clubs announce the actual ticket sales instead of how many were actually there

but to me it seems odd to announce an attendance which is actually incorrect.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":1swovzrw said:
Ade the green":1swovzrw said:
Lundan Cabbie":1swovzrw said:
Green_Flash":1swovzrw said:

Why would you over state the attendance as you have to pay 20% of the gate receipts to the HMRC as VAT.

It’s a way of moving money from one account to another and I really didn’t say that they would, I didn’t say that they could it was an answer to why some might do it. Same as naming a stadium, that money is lost every bit as much as just giving the money to a football club. There’s no sense in any of it.