Brief synopsis (Doncaster) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief synopsis (Doncaster)

Sep 19, 2006
Huddersfield
Can see one yet, so here goes:

Cold, grey and with plenty of empty seats in the home ends, this afternoon didn't have 'memorable two hours' written on it, a sense that was amplified by a frustrating first half.
Both teams set up to play through the middle, but the crowded central area and lack of quality resulted in somewhat of a stalemate. It felt as if an error would break it and so it proved, with Ness (I think) laying a weak pass back to Bradley (I think) who made the least of the grenade and the ball was swept up by the Doncaster striker who went through on goal, only for Mathews to rush off his line and save well with his body.
Donny soon got what they just about deserved when good footwork gave Beestin the room to hit a good shot into the top corner from 16 yards.
Half time and donny deserved their lead, but only slightly. They've just been slightly better on the ball when it mattered, working it into the area a number of times where argyle have failed to pass through the back line.
It's like we were missing an athletic, calm midfielder who's good on ball. Hmm...
Good turn around second half by argyle, with passing sharper, pressing higher and more urgency all over.
A free kick just outside the box down our left saw a back post header scrambled off the line with about an hour gone. Argyle were dominating by then, with other chances including a header over the bar from about three yards out.
In the end it was an identical free kick to 15 minutes previous which was this time hammered home by the right boot of Edwards.
Argyle pressed well for a winner, with donny also getting some chances on the counter. Draw just about fair. Excellent game, all in all.

Aug 10, 2006
good game Donny played some nice football early in the first half we were good in the second half pressing and taking throw in's a lot quicker, deserved the equaliser could have pinched it at the end but a draw was a fair result nice to see a group of dutch Argyle supporter's there.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Still in Donny enjoying banter with my Rovers friends. Their view- Argyle a good side who break well and support the frontline quickly, Sawyer calm and composed, Carey a cut above the rest, deserved a point and Green Army a credit to the club who never stopped singing.
A good day for those in Green.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
And no mention of the penalty ! Tbh if it had been the other way round I would have been fuming !
Also quality how the GA got into lawlors head and nearly every goal kick he took he sliced into touch !
I live in Donny so bloody grateful to Eddy for scoring that goal ! Tbh I thought that's the best game I've seen Edwards have in 6 games this season

Jul 2, 2014
The weak pass to Bradley that was intercepted by Doncaster for their one-on-one was from Edwards. To be fair Bradley seemed to reacted so slow that he was at fault as much as Edwards. Thankfully, Matthews was superb to snuff out the chance.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Tynan One Nil":3pxcduv0 said:
Still in Donny enjoying banter with my Rovers friends. Their view- Argyle a good side who break well and support the frontline quickly, Sawyer calm and composed, Carey a cut above the rest, deserved a point and Green Army a credit to the club who never stopped singing.
A good day for those in Green.

Quite a discerning lot your Rovers friends. I was thinking during the game there was no way the Donny fans could say we were the worst team they'd seen there all season, as had unfortunately been the case against other opponents earlier on in the campaign.

Nice also to see Gary Sawyer getting those deserved plaudits. He put in another good shift today.

The thing is we do look more and more like a half decent outfit in this division, quite a turnaround.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Yes, discussing it with a few fellow Greens before catching the train back, most players would have a shout as MoM as it was a tidy all round performance by the whole team, all of whom, it felt, were contributing to the rising tide of pressure developing in the second half. Yes, there were too many mistakes & misplaced passes at times, but Hey, at least they typically arose from “having a go”.
The Green Army was in great voice, and most of whom also seemed energised by our team’s display. Really encouraging, despite any frustration at not putting a winner away. A pleasing afternoon all round A nice touch a few minutes before the end when GC10 found a few seconds to encourage us on; they really were going for it.
This is a group of players who don’t want to fail. Really disappointed not to be at HP next week; it could well be a cracker! Bring it on!

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Ferguson had 2 main issues - foul on Butler for goal and penalty decision. Having watched the highlights it looks like Butler was just trying to grab Edwards who shook him off and he fell down. For the penalty I think we may have got away with one there. Put it this way, had it been the other way round we would be equally fuming.

Nov 2, 2004
Nothing wrong with the goal and the penalty is a dive he never touches him.The incident with sercevic may well be a penalty,look at there player looking at the ref.The Donny view that it is a blatant pen is just complete sour grapes.They and Fergy seem to have ignored the fact they were lucky to get a point.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
For me, their penalty shout wasn't a penalty. He kinda tripped over his own feet. Watched it over and over, and I honestly don't think it's a pen

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Monster Green":hxhe07fg said:
For me, their penalty shout wasn't a penalty. He kinda tripped over his own feet. Watched it over and over, and I honestly don't think it's a pen
But on one look from the away end looked nailed on ! However Sarce should have had one although may only because of his own in eptitude to put the ball away at the first attempt!

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
The Doctor":3216g5ci said:
Willis88":3216g5ci said:

Incredible lack of home crowd and atmosphere even when they scored. Much more noise from the 600+ away fans when Argyle went close or scored.

Indeed!” Welcome to The Donny Library “ felt truly apt this pm! Moreso than anywhere else I can think of at the moment ( excepting 2 weeks ago! The Keepmoat felt positively vibrant compared to Blackpool (these days))