Doncaster Match Day Thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Doncaster Match Day Thread

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
It dull, overcast and a bit nippy here in Donny but we're going to win. Sonny to score and us to win at 23/1 will do for me :)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Songo'o in for Diagouraga one assumes with Fox moving forward.

Other options:
Carey inside - Jervis on the flank
Threlkeld into midfield - Miller in at right-back

??

Sarcevic in for Toums methinks ?

Prefer Songo'o as I feel he does NOT deserve to be left out ?

Safe travelling for all The Green Army and keep warm !!

Cold here but getting warmer.

55F today.

Maybe 60F by the end of the week.

I don't care, off to The Philippine in a few days for a month - 81F

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Oct 14, 2015
On the 11:56 from Stevenage to Doncaster, well I will be soon I hope, would take a point today against a side whose manager is one I personally dislike. Imagine he'll have his players fired up for this one as I'm sure Ferguson and DA probably don't swap Christmas cards :)

My heart says 1-1 but I've got doubt and will say 3-1 to them but I've never guessed a correct score in my life!!

Feb 2, 2007
Match will reach half time nil nil. Both sides will be have used 2 subs each, all the withdrawn suffering with a virulent strain of “man” Flu. Neither side manage a shot on goal in a match largely played out in the centre circle as the players try to keep warm.

Whilst sharing a half time pint, Darren Ferguson agrees 6 mins of Fergie time with the ref at half time for the end of the game. This will prove significant.

The clock hits 90 mins with the score 0-0 with still no shots on goal. Most of the fans have left when Donny race into a 3-0 lead with goals in the 91st, 92nd and 93rd mins. Edwards OG, Sonny OG and a Donny throw in deflected in off the ref. Still no shots registered. The 3 remaining Donny fans unveil a giant “Toum”stone in a topical poke at our prized asset which enrages Derek, who enters the stand to dish out a Glasgee kiss or two.

Brewster goes to restrain him, in the melee Wottsy takes over and accidentally brings on Gaz Miller as a striker. Miller then scores the quickest ever hat trick with a chip, a chop (looked handball to me) and his old chap in the 94th, 95th and 96th mins.

Controversy reigns when Fergie claims the final goal shouldn’t count due to its offensive nature.

Match ends 3-3 and Derek proclaims his tactics while Fergue bemoans the Fergie time.

Dec 2, 2010
Today is the biggest game of the season....as the next game always is! But a win today would consolidate us in the top half and set us up nicely for Wigan next week and a bumper crowd.

0-2 Bradley and Carey :scarf:

Oct 31, 2015
Worried now we dont have Toums. One man doesn't make a team but he imporoves it no end.

For me Songo in and Fox moves up but other options :-

Miller in and Thtekheld in for Toums. This scares me
Carey in Toums position and Jake in. I feel this would isolate Taylor again but hey im.not a football msnager.

A draw would be nice and a fair performance so we can prove that our improvement was not down to one man.

1-1 with a Sonny header from a set peice

COYGs

Feb 17, 2017
With an unchanged squad from the bury game I would be considered confident to say 1-3 the way we are playing.

With toums leaving it’s going to be a hard one to call, just how important that will be only time will tell, I can imagine songo for toums will be the only changed, I do think our link up play and controlling midfield will not be as effective, and would be happy with a 1-1 until we can strengthen the midfield again

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I like the idea of Carey in Toums position, with Jervis in. But can’t see it being anything other than a straight swap with Songo’o back in the starting 11. I’ll take a point from this one.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Tynan One Nil":l1n9i93m said:
I like the idea of Carey in Toums position, with Jervis in. But can’t see it being anything other than a straight swap with Songo’o back in the starting 11. I’ll take a point from this one.

Carey in Diagouraga's position would change the whole attacking dynamic of recent games where Carey and Lameiras are allowed to wander without having to play wide.
Would Jervis be able to float around as Carey did or would he have to play on the right which in turn means Lameiras having to stay on the left?

I reckon Songo'o will come in and Fox will move 10 yards further forward.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Love Songo’o at the back, but in midfield receiving the ball off the back four - terrifying.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sarcevic to play in Midfield with Fox. Songo’o just behind them.

Carey and Ruben with Taylor upfront

And 2-0 win

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Surprised Songo was dropped in first place and surely he has to come straight back in now with minimal changes.
The other permatations above scare the hell out of me, Miller and Sarcevic no thanks

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
samjones":1ez3gs8n said:
Surprised Songo was dropped in first place and surely he has to come straight back in now with minimal changes.
The other permatations above scare the hell out of me, Miller and Sarcevic no thanks

So if no Sarcevic who else in the centre?

Apr 9, 2011
Toums is going to be a big miss I fear. We will find out just how big in the next few weeks , especially with no replacement on the horizon.