Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Had his chance and choose not too come here.

Good luck to him getting another contract elsewhere

G

greengiant1886

Tugboat":3b5t7zu4 said:
Had his chance and choose not too come here.

Good luck to him getting another contract elsewhere
Don't think we can really begrudge him not coming to us when we were bottom of the league and not even looking like winning a game.

Would be very petty.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
if he was good enough for us to offer a contract before, he should be good enough now. I am not very sentimental about that and he is in his prime

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I reckon this is one rumour that makes sense.
Adams knows him and wanted him and Church knows the club and players.

He's now about fourth or fifth choice striker at Scunthorpe, at Argyle he would be second or maybe third choice and not a first team starter unless Taylor gets injured. That's something he will have to think about.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":1lu8xaga said:

He's now about fourth or fifth choice striker at Scunthorpe, at Argyle he would be second or maybe third choice and not a first team starter unless Taylor gets injured. That's something he will have to think about.

If Church isn’t in the Scunthorpe squad tomorrow, it’s not far to Argyle’s hotel for a chat tonight or tomorrow.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Wouldn't completely surprise me to see him join Sunderland. Coleman has no senior strikers anymore after Vaughan leaving today and he only expects to sign four more players in January. Would imagine most of those would be strikers and Church is a player he knows well and would be a cheap/easy option.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Church not in the Scunthorpe squad today.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Argy1e":yqjaxkis said:
Wouldn't completely surprise me to see him join Sunderland. Coleman has no senior strikers anymore after Vaughan leaving today and he only expects to sign four more players in January. Would imagine most of those would be strikers and Church is a player he knows well and would be a cheap/easy option.

In view of Sunderland's result versus Cardiff today the Black Cats look as if the whole team needs strengthening let alone the strike force!

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":21w5thhs said:

We would have to ask why he is fifth choice striker at Scunthorpe when they've just sold Paddy Madden. Hopefully he isn't struggling with fitness and form but I'd fear so.

Adams does best with intelligent target men, I haven't seen much of Church but hopefully he can play up front alone without the troubles Goodwillie and Ciftci found.

P

PL3 Greens

gaspargomez":1cgp6shi said:
If he was no good at Scunthorpe I dont see why he would be any good at Argyle.

No Thanks.

Different systems suit different players.

Fernando Torres for Liverpool and the Fernando Torres for Chelsea, is the best example of that.

Nov 22, 2006
I would take a chance on him his experience may help with the run in, but I wouldn't sign him at the expense of signing someone else as well