Jamie Ness | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jamie Ness

Jul 2, 2014
Can anyone provide an update on Jamie Ness? Is he fit? Adams does not seem to want to move him on, but he seems to be behind Fox, Sarcevic, Songo’o and Sangster to be part of a midfield trio. If he doesn’t make the bench on Saturday, I wonder whether he will be looking to leave (he’s 26). After Reuben’s return to favor and form, anything seems possible. Adams seems to have made clear decisions on some players (Ciftci, Blissett, Sokolik & in the near term, Fletcher) but not Ness (that I know of).

Nov 25, 2015
I think he's still in Adams' plans. He was mentioned as one of the "in-house" options to replace Toums and definitely has the ability to step up, but unfortunately he's made of glass and therefore can't put a consistent run of performances together.

I've no idea on his current fitness or injury status, but think he'll be given another chance to stake his claim before long. He needs to be a much bigger influence on matches than he was in his initial appearances for us though.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If he’s that impaired by injury then I’m sorry we have to mutually agree a termination of contract.

It’s mind boggling to have a player in our alresdy small squad that can’t put a run of 3 game together consequently. We aren’t Man City covering Kompany’s wage without implications. It’s a good chunk of finance being wasted on a talent that we can’t sustainable use.

Tough choice but another poor signing by Adams taken on a gamble.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":k44lpa49 said:
If he’s that impaired by injury then I’m sorry we have to mutually agree a termination of contract.

It’s mind boggling to have a player in our alresdy small squad that can’t put a run of 3 game together consequently. We aren’t Man City covering Kompany’s wage without implications. It’s a good chunk of finance being wasted on a talent that we can’t sustainable use.

Do I understand that your use of 'poor' in this context, is just a judgement on Ness being unfortunately injury prone since joining Argyle?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Quintrell_Green":2ntdjqf4 said:
Tugboat":2ntdjqf4 said:

Do I understand that your use of 'poor' in this context, is just a judgement on Ness being unfortunately injury prone since joining Argyle?
Excalty that.

He took a big gamble on a decent player that could have and should have been our midfield general but just isn’t to be. That emphasised the need for Toumbs.

He could be big player when fit but unfortunately he’s not fit and therefore a passenger on the wage bill train.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm still waiting to hear if the Ness family moved out of their caravan and into bricks and motar. :) What happened to the Mrs Ness Herald articles?

May 16, 2016
Tugboat":1ki1lpk9 said:
Quintrell_Green":1ki1lpk9 said:
Tugboat":1ki1lpk9 said:

Excalty that.

He took a big gamble on a decent player that could have and should have been our midfield general but just isn’t to be. That emphasised the need for Toumbs.

He could be big player when fit but unfortunately he’s not fit and therefore a passenger on the wage bill train.

Luckily we've still got all that unspent budget, transfer fees and Cup run money to cover the injured players wages :)

Sep 17, 2017
Tugboat":r6dqyq91 said:

And so many on this forum we’re ready to take a gamble on Ryan Brunt,

Double standards me thinks !!!!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":wqdniyr5 said:
I'm still waiting to hear if the Ness family moved out of their caravan and into bricks and motar. :) What happened to the Mrs Ness Herald articles?

It does seem a shame after all that, for it not to work out.

It’s a big deal to move your young family down so far.

May 8, 2011
Tugboat":397i0i7m said:

Small squad of 28 players, as you only have 18 in your match day squad there are quite a few spare.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":1gz04m2g said:
What! Someone else who thinks we’d have too many players?

I don’t believe we have too many players, but we don’t have a small squad, however it would seem others do so I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the thread: FAO Derek Adams - Quality not quantity this time.