So, is VAR coming to Argyle? (Video ref) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

So, is VAR coming to Argyle? (Video ref)

I see the test starts on Monday, and there’s no doubt in my mind it will be a success, and add to the excitement of the game. What I haven’t read anywhere is whether, if successful, it will be applied throughout the league. The technology is very cheap now, so that’s shouldn’t be a hindrance. Does anyone know?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Please explain?

Jan 2, 2010
Problem I have is that video referees should only be used if every ground in the league in question is using it. Level playing field if a couple of teams home results are for good or evil affected by a decision that has been overturned by VAR

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Used extensively in Australia this year .The time taken to reach a decision can ruin the atmosphere in the stadium.

One game saw a team waiting to restart after scorers had celebrated having to wait for var decision ,only to have goal dissalowed..Utter shambles.

Jan 6, 2007
Absolute load of tosh. As Peter Reid said last night at the Merseyside Derby, keep it as it is, and we can discuss the decisions on Monday. Goal line decisions are instant and 100% accurate, so fair enough. Until they have a system where decisions on handball, fouls or offsides are instant and accurate I'd rather watch the game without sitting around waiting for an extra official to watch replays from 4 angles before deciding, in his opinion if it's a penalty or not.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Just another opinion on what is or is not a free kick ,penalty,red or yellow card.
We start off with 1 ref and 2 linesmen.
Then they add one at each end as goal line officials.
Then they add VAR which now makes 6 so how many referees does it take to make a f------ decision.
Talk about a waste of time effort and money.
BUT the game is run by TV for the making of more and more money so enjoy the future of the game. :banghead: :funny: :funny:

Jun 4, 2016
Its going to sterilize the game. Bad decisions are very often the spark which gets a game really going. How many times do we see an awful decision, crowd gets going then the tackles start flying in and a dull game suddenly comes to life. It happens all the time. Bring that garbage in and we will lose a lot from the game.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
100% gets my vote, and would be long overdue too.

Jan 22, 2016
The video ref just doesn't suit football as a sport. Works great in cricket, rugby, tennis, NFL etc. These all have natural lengthy breaks in the game. The rules in our game are also far more open to opinion/interpretation. It would ruin football from a spectators view, in my opinion.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Another bad thing about introducing VAR is that added time will increase dramatically in every game . Those that leave early to meet bus schedules will have to miss more of the game than they do at present , unless scheduling can be altered accordingly.

Next thing will be advert breaks , or 4 quarters instead of 2 halfs. No no no no no !!!

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Pilgrim78":13b4jo4l said:
ChepstowGreen":13b4jo4l said:
100% gets my vote, and would be long overdue too.

Why do you think it would improve the game?

Because there would be fewer miscarriages of justice/wrong results. If the pay off is the occasional break in play, then that is more than reasonable to me.