• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
WoodsyGreen":hh4ndu2m said:
There's no way we would accept £1m for our prized asset. We'll get one chance to sell Luke and I'd expect the club management to turn down all offers until one reaches our valuation - which £1m surely falls well short of.

Totally agree. Jephcott is 20, has scored 47% of all our goals this season, is a current u21 international and is likely to get a call up to the full Welsh international squad v soon. He’s league 1 top goalscorer yet has played a lot less than other top scoring players and has a goals to mins played of 1 goal every 96 minutes. He’s worth at least 3milion in today’s market I’d say and I wouldn’t even consider selling for less than 2,5 million.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
PL2 3DQ":36dt4rr2 said:

Have heard via snippets on Twitter that once Lowe can bring in a CB (yes he is looking to strengthen the defence as well as looking at more fire power upfront) and possibly more defensive cover that Wootton would be on his way so may be some truth in this and will free up wages to cover new incomings....

COYG

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Cobi Budge":3biyjmlm said:
oldage":3biyjmlm said:
Forget another striker get a decent CB :banghead:

Our lack of attacking options from the bench is just as a significant problem as our frailties at the back. We need both.

But wait, we need a centre back! :D

Oct 31, 2015
twist of lime":22kxun2d said:
PL2 3DQ":22kxun2d said:

Have heard via snippets on Twitter that once Lowe can bring in a CB (yes he is looking to strengthen the defence as well as looking at more fire power upfront) and possibly more defensive cover that Wootton would be on his way so may be some truth in this and will free up wages to cover new incomings....

COYG

Blimey we will have no CBs at this rate. Mind you we havnt had any all season to be fair :doh:

Don't like the Jeffers rumours.

Heard on Twitter that Telford is leaving but not using Twitter very much I don't know if it's fake or not. Maybe some substance with the Wolves lad inbound. Personally Big Frank could go as well. Not the best of signings so far

Mar 14, 2009
bringonthemilkman":3pres0dk said:
People are forgetting that we still have the club Captain in our squad! How close is Sawyer to being available for selection?

Personally l hope we aren’t thinking of relying on him. His legs had gone last few years and l dread to think he is any slower after this latest injury. Always gives 100% but simply he will get murdered by anyone with pace on the counter attack.

On another point my worry with the signings is that l see the system we play and lm scratching my head at times seeing where they play. People think the signings this season haven’t been great but l look at George Cooper and think he isn’t a wing back. He is either a winger or a attacking central midfielder. If we going to play this current system it’s no to good bring in people who don’t fit your system.

I hope Lowe becomes more flexible about this system otherwise if he continues to put attacking players in defensive positions then you will just keep hurting the team.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Metal_Green_Mickey":zfqs3bv6 said:
bringonthemilkman":zfqs3bv6 said:
People are forgetting that we still have the club Captain in our squad! How close is Sawyer to being available for selection?

Personally l hope we aren’t thinking of relying on him. His legs had gone last few years and l dread to think he is any slower after this latest injury. Always gives 100% but simply he will get murdered by anyone with pace on the counter attack.

On another point my worry with the signings is that l see the system we play and lm scratching my head at times seeing where they play. People think the signings this season haven’t been great but l look at George Cooper and think he isn’t a wing back. He is either a winger or a attacking central midfielder. If we going to play this current system it’s no to good bring in people who don’t fit your system.

I hope Lowe becomes more flexible about this system otherwise if he continues to put attacking players in defensive positions then you will just keep hurting the team.

Was having exactly that chat with my son. If you insist on playing a 3, Cooper is not in any way suited to wing back. I think we can all see that now. Grant has been considerably more effective. So where do you find a berth for him, when he’s on a long term contract? We have Mayor as an advanced midfielder and now Camara too. Not sure there’s an obvious spot or that he’d replace either of these.

Mar 14, 2009
Forest of Dean Green":cxaflwyg said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":cxaflwyg said:
bringonthemilkman":cxaflwyg said:

Was having exactly that chat with my son. If you insist on playing a 3, Cooper is not in any way suited to wing back. I think we can all see that now. Grant has been considerably more effective. So where do you find a berth for him, when he’s on a long term contract? We have Mayor as an advanced midfielder and now Camara too. Not sure there’s an obvious spot or that he’d replace either of these.

For me, you change the system. You can at least vary it. Drop a forward. Play two wide men like Mayor and Cooper further forward. They could play out wide or be narrow near the forward. Could be a 433 or 4321. They are good dribblers. They need to be further forward to hurt the opposition. You could also play a 4231 with three attacking CAMS allowing Mayor, Cooper and one other to play behind a forward.

I’m just not sure Lowe sees anything apart from a 3142 system and sometimes you need to play to the players strengths that you have at a football club.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
We seem to be splashing the cash at the moment.

I hope it doesn't mean Jephcott is on his way.

Oct 31, 2015
Ponty":3hfe1qtf said:

Yep my worry as well. Let's hope not

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
rsp4":hzpeb7d0 said:
Ponty":hzpeb7d0 said:

I see it as reinvesting un budgeted income back into club.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

:doh:

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Tugboat":8mgrldnh said:
rsp4":8mgrldnh said:
Ponty":8mgrldnh said:

Not scorning the Club at all.

Just saying it'll be a shame to lose him when he's scoring all the goals and if he is on his way I hope we get top money to reinvest on the pitch.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ponty":11dbjuzt said:
Tugboat":11dbjuzt said:
rsp4":11dbjuzt said:
Ponty":11dbjuzt said:

Not scorning the Club at all.

Just saying it'll be a shame to lose him when he's scoring all the goals and if he is on his way I hope we get top money to reinvest on the pitch.

I don’t think he’s going fwiw.

He’s still developing and getting starts every game.

If he continues like he has then something will happen at the end of the season but I think we’re safe for the minute barring any basket case club making a completely extravagant offer.

Telford however

Oct 31, 2015
Tugboat":kmk61uzy said:
rsp4":kmk61uzy said:
Ponty":kmk61uzy said:

Me neither. Not dissing the club Just worried that we lose Jeffers so early. If it wasn't for his goals we would be well and truly in the mire